Why decide between a mojito and a margarita when you can have both? Two of my favorite drinks are mixed together in this Tequila Mojito cocktail recipe - no muddling required! The infused mint simple syrup is the secret ingredient in this easy, make-ahead drink.
You can never have too many great summer drinks, and this Tequila Mojito combines a couple of my favorite flavors in one tasty cocktail.
It's the best of the mojito and margarita worlds, a cocktail so light and refreshing that it has been officially named our house cocktail for summer entertaining. Add some easy snacks like this Layered Greek Dip and Bacon Cream Cheese Bites, and happy hour is complete.
Why this recipe works
- We took the tequila from the margarita and combined it with the mint from the mojito and it is a match made in heaven.
- We use mint-infused simple syrup instead of muddling a bundle to mint to make this an easy, make-ahead cocktail. Bonus: no need to worry about green things in your teeth.
- Hosting a big group? This recipe is perfect to make as a batch cocktail. Just wait to add the club soda until right before serving to keep the bubbles from going flat.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this easy cocktail.
- Always use a tequila that is 100% agave.
- Fresh lime juice is a must for any cocktail.
- Nothing can match the flavor of fresh mint, especially when it is infused into simple syrup.
Add the tequila, lime juice and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice.
Cover shaker and shake vigorously to combine. Pout into glass and top with club soda.
It's simple syrup that has fresh mint added to it as it cools. As the mint cools in the syrup, the flavor from the leaves infuse into the syrup giving it a hint of mint.
It's easy to make simple syrup at home (and cheaper, too). Homemade simple syrup keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks meaning you can have a tequila mojito at the ready whenever a craving hits.
Yes! The beauty of the mint infused simple syrup is that it makes it super easy to mix more than one or a pitcher of these mojito tequila drinks easily.
Simply multiply the ingredient amounts by the number of cocktails you want and pour it all in a big pitcher and refrigerate until you are ready to serve them. Be sure to wait to add the club soda until right before serving.
We love tequila and good tequila makes a huge difference in a drink. Always use tequila that says 100% agave on the front, otherwise it isn't really authentic tequila. Some of our favorite brands are Altos Tequila, Espolòn or Patron.
Pro Cocktail Making Tips
- Always measure your ingredients. It's tempting to just try and eyeball it, but proper proportions are the secret to great cocktails. We love to use these mini beakers in our home bar.
- Have lots of ice on hand. No one likes lukewarm cocktails, especially on a hot day. Fill your glasses with ice for an uber refreshing drink.
- Don't forget the garnishes. The fresh lime wedges and mint leaves are the little touches that make your home cocktails restaurant-worthy.
- Make your mint simple syrup ahead of time and refrigerate in a mason jar until you are ready to serve.
More Tequila Drinks
Check out all of our tequila drinks or try these Prosecco Margaritas, you won't regret it!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Tequila Mojito Cocktails
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces mint infused simple syrup recipe follows
- 2 ounces lime juice
- club soda
Mint Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Fill a shaker with ice and add tequila, simple syrup and lime juice.
- Shake to mix and add to highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with a splash of club soda, garnish with fresh lime wedges and mint leaves and serve.
Mint Infused Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water and sugar in a small pan on the stove. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves. Let sit until simple syrup is completely cooled. Remove mint leaves from syrup. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the mint simple syrup ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Fresh lime juice is essential for a smooth cocktail. The bottled stuff contains preservatives that can give the juice a bitter taste.
- Always use a tequila that is 100% agave for best flavor.
- 24 ounces of tequila
- 16 ounces of mint infused simple syrup
- 16 ounces of lime juice
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
These were delicious, thanks.
Wow this is great! Love it!
This drink sounds yummy! But where did you get those cute glasses? Love them!
Thanks, Jill! I got the glasses at Target, they are acrylic 🙂 Perfect for outside sipping! Hope you are well!
pam (Sidewalk Shoes) says
Sounds amazing! I would love it if you would link this up to Tipsy Tuesday at Grey is the New Black.