One sip of this smooth Breakfast Mimosa, and you'll find reasons to host brunch every weekend! Tequila is one of the secret ingredients that sets this mimosa apart from the rest.
This one is for all of the breakfast and tequila lovers out there! Yes, those 2 things can go together when you serve this Breakfast Mimosa at your next brunch.
That's right, we just made it socially acceptable to drink tequila in the morning. You can thank us later.
Tequila gets a bad rap from people who may have overindulged and can no longer tolerate it. But sipping on good tequila is one thing we appreciate. And while we love a good golden margarita, there are so many other good tequila drinks out there.
This Breakfast Mimosa is the perfect cocktail to make you fall in love with tequila again.
The list is short and sweet, so use the highest quality ingredients.
- Grapefruit Juice-fresh is best
- Sparkling Wine
- Simple Syrup - it's easy to make your own at home!
This simple combination of ingredients makes a truly memorable drink to add to your brunch menu.
Mimosas are a great make ahead drink.
- Simply mix the tequila, grapefruit juice and simple syrup in a pitcher.
- Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve or keep it on ice on the buffet table.
- Pour the desired amount of the tequila/juice combination in a champagne flute and
- Top with chilled sparkling wine.
- Add a fun garnish (fresh herbs or fruit are great options.
Pro Tip: If you're looking to lower the alcohol content swap in club soda for the sparkling wine.
You sure can! It will give it a slightly different flavor but will still be delicious! You can swap in orange juice, tangerine juice or even cranberry juice.
You may need to adjust the amount of simple syrup or eliminate it all together depending on how sweet the juice is that you use.
Yes and no. I know it’s tempting to cheap out on the sparkling wine since it’s being mixed with fruit juice, but don’t do that.
Use something you would drink on its own. It makes a difference.
The style of glass makes a difference when you are drinking sparkling wine because the bubbles last longer.The more they are exposed to air, the faster they go away.
Don't worry, your glasses don't need to match! We love to mix in different styles of flutes for a fun look.
Brunch is the easiest meal to host, especially when you can make so much of it ahead of time.
- This Overnight Breakfast Casserole is always a crowd pleaser!
- Jazz up your fruit with this lime mint syrup.
- Everyone loves a good Blueberry Lemon muffin .
Favorite Tequila Cocktails!
You can never have too many ways to drink tequila.
- Who says you can't improve a classic cocktail? This Tequila Old Fashioned is proof positive you can!
- We swapped the vodka for tequila in this easy Pomegranate Martini
- A Tequila Mojito gives new life to a traditional mojito.
- Once you try these Raspberry Paloma Cocktails, you will fall in love with the spicy/sweet combo!
- You can never go wrong with a classic Tequila Sunrise.
Find all of our cocktail recipes here.
- 1 ounce tequila
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces dry white sparkling wine
- Pour tequila, simple syrup and grapefruit juice in champagne glass and stir gently to combine.
- Add chilled sparkling wine and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:7 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
Hosting brunch is easy when this flavorful Breakfast Mimosa made with fresh grapefruit juice, tequila and Prosecco is on the menu.