This tangy Green Olive dip recipe is such a quick and easy appetizer for any menu. But be warned: This creamy dip filled with olives, onions and garlic is addictive. I dare you to eat just one bite.
You know those dips that you just can't stop eating no matter how hard you try? This Green Olive Dip is that dip for me. Frankly it's kind of embarrassing when I think about just how much of it I can eat.
Once you have tried it, I'm positive you will be agree. Even people who don't like green olives fall in love with it. It's that good.
And as a result, this creamy olive dip has since replaced the french onion dip from the grocery as our go-to chip dip. You will always find a batch of it in my refrigerator.
So what are you waiting for? I bet you have everything you need in your fridge and pantry to make this dip now!
This easy dip only uses a handful of ingredients
- green olives
- cream cheese
- garlic & onion powder
You only need 5 minutes and a food processor to make this dip. The hardest thing about it is waiting to eat it. The flavors meld together beautifully after being the refrigerator for a few hours.
Step 1: Drain the olives and reserve some of the olive brine.
Step 2: Add the cream cheese and mayo to the food processor and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Add the onion powder and garlic powder and pulse to mix.
Step 4: Add the green olives and process to desired texture.
Step 5: Add olive brine if necessary to get to desired thickness.
Step 6: Transfer to container, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
No, you don't but it does make it a lot easier. If you don't have a food processor simply chop the olives to desired texture and use a mixer to blend the cream cheese and mayo.
Your dip will be a lot creamier when you use softened cream cheese. If you use a cold block straight from the fridge you will end up with little chunks of cream cheese. It will still taste delicious, just won't be as smooth.
Yes! The garlic flavor will be strong initially, but will mellow as the dip sits in the refrigerator. The hardest thing about this dip is to wait to eat it!
More Dip Recipes
We've never met a dip we didn't like. Check out some of our favorites.
- This Layered Greek Dip is a Mediterranean twist on a classic 7 layer dip.
- Make healthy snacking a snap and make a batch of this Avocado Dip made with greek yogurt!
- This Chipped Beef Dip is a family favorite!
- This Wedge Salad Dip tastes just like our favorite salad in dip form!
Check out all of our easy appetizer recipes.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces green olives with pimento, drained (save the brine)
- 3 tablespoons olive brine (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the onion powder and garlic powder to taste (adjust as necessary)
- Add the green olives and mix thoroughly..
- Start with one tablespoon and add additional olive brine as needed to get dip to the desired consistency.
Start with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and add more as desired. I usually do a teaspoon of garlic powder, the flavor will mellow as it sits in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:⅓ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
This Easy Green Olive Dip is better than your traditional chip dip and only takes 5 ingredients to make. This easy recipe will quickly become your go-to party snack.