Crunchy, decadent and addictive, this Bacon Cream Cheese Bites recipe will steal the show at any party. Guaranteed.
People always go crazy for bacon, right?
These Bacon Cream Cheese Bites, my friends, are what you call INSANELY GOOD party food: 4 ingredients, family-friendly and incredibly easy.
And good party food that is easy to make and always disappears pretty much ticks every box on my list of perfect appetizers.
Now be prepared; these tasty appetizers - filled with cheesy, crunchy goodness - are literally show stoppers.
Trust me on this one.
This blog post is also available as a Web Story: ? Bacon Cream Cheese Bites ?
Want to save this recipe for later? PIN IT here!
You can't go wrong when there are only FOUR ingredients. Does it get much easier than this?
A few ingredient notes:
- The type of bread you use makes a big difference in the outcome. Make sure you use English muffin toasting bread or Pepperidge Farm Original White Bread. If you try to use regular wheat bread, you will not get the same crunchy results.
- Use whipped cream cheese for easy spreading.
Time saving tip: Want to make this even easier? Buy a tub of spreadable chive and garlic cream cheese and use instead of the plain cream cheese and fresh chives.
It's simple to make these little bites of goodness:
Step 1: Cut the crusts off the all of the bread and reserve those for another use.
Step 2: Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
Step 3: Sprinkle with chives.
Step 4: Using the long side of the bread, roll into a log form.
Step 5: Spiral wrap the bacon around each log.
Step 6: Cut each piece of bacon bread in half. Step 7: Bake until crisp.
I use Pepperidge Farm Original White Bread nearly every time I make these, but it's not always easy to find. If you are having trouble finding it at the store, you can swap in English Muffin Bread (NOT English Muffins).
You can! Start by preheating your grill to 425°F.
Line a baking pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the foil. This makes sure the bacon cream cheese bites don't sit in the grease as they cook and allows them to get extra crispy!
Set the bacon cream cheese bites on prepared pan and grill for 20 minutes and turn them. Grill another 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
Absolutely! Prep these the morning of the party, place in a plastic container and cover tightly. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
More party food
- Who can say no to Pumpkin, Bacon and Goat Cheese Dip?
- This Layered Greek Dip is a healthy twist on a 7 layer dip!
- You don't have to choose between dessert and drinks when you serve a Chocolate Martini.
- These Bourbon Apple Cider Drinks are the perfect fall cocktail.
- This Candied Bacon is one of the first party snacks gone at a party.
Check out all of our easy appetizer recipes!
Bacon Cream Cheese Bites
- 1 loaf English Muffin Bread or Pepperidge Farm Original White Bread crusts cut off
- 1 12-ounce tub reduced fat cream cheese spread
- 1½ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 pound bacon regular thickness
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Use a knife or offset spreader to spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of chives on top of cream cheese.
- Starting at one end, roll each slice of bread into a tight cylinder. Wrap a slice of bacon around each cylinder, spiraling to cover the whole piece of bread. Cut each cylinder in half. (I use my kitchen shears.)
- Place on baking sheet and bake until crispy and bacon is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Make your party the BEST party when you serve a batch of these crunchy Bacon Cream Cheese Bites. They are ALWAYS the first appetizer gone at every gathering!