Nothing says fiesta like this recipe for fresh, flavorful Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas!
How easy is this marinade? Basically all you need to do is dump a handful of flavorful ingredients in the blender (think fresh cilantro, tart lime juice, spicy jalapeño and, of course, tequila), blend until smooth and pour over the sliced chicken. The chicken can bathe in the tequila lime marinade all day long soaking up all the spices and flavors.
You can either grill the chicken and veggies in a grill pan or sauté them on the stovetop, if you prefer. (I like to cook my chicken and vegetables separately so my veggies stay crisp-tender, but that’s just me.) All that remains before diving into these Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas is to warm the tortillas and assemble a few different fajita toppings, like sour cream, lime wedges and avocado.
Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into sections
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Avocado slices or guacamole (optional)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender and mix until throughly combined. Add chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat grill pan to medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from Ziploc bag and discard remaining marinade. Toss bell peppers and onion with a small amount of canola oil. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm. Cook peppers and onions until they are crisp-tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve with optional sour cream, lime wedges, avocado slices or guacamole.