Ain’t nobody gonna mess with this spicy Texas Margarita! Enjoy this twist on the traditional margarita with pineapple juice and some heat from a jalapeño pepper.
Now it’s no secret that I love a good cocktail, especially one with a unique twist. And a margarita? Might be my first love. This Texas Margarita is the latest addition to our collection of tequila cocktails. I had this at a Texas-themed party that my friend, Sara, hosted and let me tell you, it’s a keeper. It was love at first sip.
The Lone Star State is all about “go big or go home”, and that’s exactly what this Texas Margarita is: a big ol’ glass of tequila goodness. Don’t be scared off by the muddled jalapeño in the recipe. It really isn’t spicy; the pepper just adds a subtle heat. And with the addition of tropical pineapple juice, it’s a perfect twist on a traditional margarita. Check out our video below to see how easy this recipe is!
Simply muddle, measure, shake and pour. The Texas Margarita is just what your next Happy Hour gathering needs. Add some Pico Guacamole, Tequila Lime Fajitas and Tres Leche Cake, and your menu is complete.
Why should the Texans have all of the fun? This Texas Margarita recipe brings a little bit of Texas to everyone, one (large) margarita at a time.
- 3 ounces tequila
- 3/4 ounce Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, seeded. Add more if desired.
- pineapple wedge for serving
- Muddle the jalapeño in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add ice, tequila, Grand Marnier, juices and simple syrup to the shaker. Shake vigorously to mix. Strain and serve immediately.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Serving Size:7.5 ounces
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 342 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 33g Protein: 1g