This light and tasty Shrimp Salad with Avocado comes together quickly and will quickly become one of your go-to summer salad recipes.
It's May and the sun is going to shine this weekend. That means it's time for all of the spring things. Yard work, spring cleaning and spring salads for dinner on the deck.
So to celebrate we are having Shrimp Salad and Avocado for dinner. When I think of spring and summer food, I think of light and tasty salads and this fits the bill perfectly.
Why this recipe works
A great salad starts with the best ingredients especially when the list is short. For starters, fresh dill is a must, dried will work in a pinch, but when you love dill as much as I do. Fresh is best.
And avocado makes most things better, especially this salad. Make sure to grab one that is ripe but a little firmer so it holds its shape in the salad. Save the soft ones for some guacamole.
You aren't going to believe your luck when I tell you I used frozen shrimp from Costco to make this recipe! I bought a two-pound bag of the 50-70 size (cooked, peeled, and tail off)shrimp, thawed half of it and boom, most of the work is done.
Want to feed a bigger group? Simply thaw the whole bag, double the recipe and you have shrimp salad for 8 ready to go in no time.
So good-bye heavy comfort foods of the winter. Hello, tasty shrimp salads of summer, (which are properly enjoyed dining al fresco on the patio with a glass of Rosé, if you must know).
More Summer Salads
- Easy Orzo and Chickpea Salad- Garnish with Lemon®
- Summer Italian Spaghetti - Reluctant Entertainer
- Summer Cobb Salad- A Spicy Perspective
Shrimp Salad with Avocado
- 16 ounces small shrimp thawed and drained well
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- Place mayo, mustard, vinegar and dill in a small bowl. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Place the shrimp, celery, and red onion in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Cover and chill until serving.
- When ready to serve, dice avocado and add to salad.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this tasty Shrimp Salad with Avocado recipe!
I cannot wait to make this at home. This looks delicious! Haven't gone out and made a recipe like this in a while. So excited to try it - thank you for sharing!
This sounds & looks delish! Heading to the store this morning for groceries & this is on the menu for lunch. Thank for the yummy idea!
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks, Tina!