Need a batch cocktail for your big game party? Look no further than these gorgeous Blood Orange Margaritas for a Crowd.
What are blood oranges?
I can’t find blood oranges. Can I substitute another orange in this margarita recipe?
I only make this margarita recipe when blood oranges are in season, so I haven’t tried substituting another variety.
What kind of tequila do you use in this recipe for blood orange margaritas?
Can I make just one blood orange margarita instead of a batch of them?
We looooove our margaritas here at Garnish with Lemon! Don’t miss some of our other favorite margarita recipes:
Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas – Garnish with Lemon®
Prosecco Margaritas – A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Blueberry Margaritas – Garnish with Lemon®
Blackberry Lemonade Margaritas – From Valerie’s Kitchen
Key Lime Margaritas – Garnish with Lemon®
- 4 cups fresh blood orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups silver tequila
- 1 1/2 cups triple sec (or other orange flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- lime wedges
- kosher salt
- blood orange and lime slices (optional)
- Place juices, tequila, triple sec and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Rim edges of glass with lime wedge and salt. Divide margaritas among ice-filled glasses and garnish with blood orange slices, if desired.
Total time includes refrigeration.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 62mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 1g