It can feel like summer inside even if it’s cold outside with a pitcher of these gorgeous and refreshing Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas!
There really isn’t anything that can’t be improved by a good margarita, especially when we’re knee-deep in crazy cold winter weather. And with juicy grapefruit hitting its peak season right now, there's no better time to whip up a batch of these Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas. It’s one of the tastiest ways I know to banish the winter blahs.
These Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas get their kick from muddling jalapeno slices to release their oils plus an irresistible sweet and salty chili powder rim. I think it’s just the right balance of heat from the peppers and chili and tang from the grapefruit and lime juices. The drink stays nice and smooth thanks to a little agave nectar for the perfect amount of sweet. Fortunately for all of those spice-averse friends out there, you can control the heat of these Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas by adding fewer jalapeno slices or skipping the chili rim entirely.
Need a batch cocktail for your next game day party? You can make these Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas in advance just like another of our favorite citrus margs - these Blood Orange Margaritas. All that’s left to do when the game starts is give the pitcher of these pale pink beauties a quick stir. Gotta love any recipe that keeps party prep easy!
- 10-12 fresh jalapeno slices
- 4 ounces agave nectar
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 16 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 16 ounces silver tequila
- Lime wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Place jalapeno slices, agave nectar and lime juice in a large pitcher. Gently muddle the jalapeno slices with the agave and lime juice. Pour in grapefruit juice and tequila. Stir until combined.
- Combine chili salt ingredients on a shallow plate. Rim 8 lowball glasses with juice from lime wedges and then dip the rims in the chili salt until mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice. Evenly divide margaritas among the 8 chili salt-rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g