This easy Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine recipe is a delicious mocktail that everyone can enjoy! Ready in 30 minutes with just a handful of ingredients, this alcohol-free drink will be a repeat guest at any fall or holiday gathering.
Mocktails don't have to be boring! You can be proud to serve this delicious Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine recipe at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Cranberry and grape juices are simmered with fresh orange slices, spicy cinnamon sticks, fragrant star anise and whole cloves for a robustly flavored drink that everyone can enjoy.
Why you'll love this recipe
➤ It's fast and easy: You can make this recipe in 30 minutes with just a handful of ingredients.
➤ Make it ahead of time: This non-alcoholic mulled wine will still taste delicious days later. Gently reheat on the stove or in a crock pot.
➤ One drink for everyone: It's flavorful enough for adults and kids.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this alcohol free mulled wine.
A few ingredient notes:
- Juice: I like the sweet & tart flavor combination that you get from the Cranberry-Grape juice mix. You can also use just grape juice if you prefer but the flavor will not be as robust as it is with the cranberry and grape blend.
- Spices: Use whole spices as they infuse the juice with flavor while it simmers. You cannot substitute ground spices. I chose whole star anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves but feel free to use the spices you love.
Making this mocktail couldn't be simpler!
Pour juice into large saucepan. Add spices and orange slices. Bring just to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes and strain. Stir in juice of one whole orange. Serve with additional orange slices and whole spices, if desired.
Star anise, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves are my favorite spices to use in this recipe. If you think your spices are a little past their prime, spring for fresh new jars of them. It will make a HUGE difference in the flavor of your drink.
Absolutely! This n/a mulled wine can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Cool to room temperature and store covered in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Either option works. Kids may prefer the chilled version while adults may choose the warm drink.
If you are serving a warm drink, you can serve it right from the stovetop or place it in a slow cooker on the warm setting. Guests can ladle into their own mugs and garnish as desired.
If you are serving a chilled drink, a pitcher or beverage dispenser works great.
Expert tips for making Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine
✘ The longer the juice simmers with the spices, the more flavorful the drink will be.
✘ Straining the drink is optional but makes it easier to ladle into glasses without the extra orange slices and large spices floating around.
✘ You can make this drink on either the stove top or in a slow cooker. If making in a slow cooker, mull for at least 2 hours on low heat. Switch to warm when ready to serve.
✘ Have guests who will want alcohol? Add a bottle of brandy and a shot glass to your self-serve drink station.
✘ This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for large groups.
More holiday cocktails
Find even more drink recipes in our archives!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Non-Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- 2 large oranges, divided
- 64 ounces cran-grape juice
- 6 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- Slice one orange into thin wheels and juice other orange.2 large oranges,
- Place orange slices, juice, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.64 ounces cran-grape juice, 6 whole cinnamon sticks, 4 whole star anise, 8 whole cloves
- Strain juice through a fine mesh sieve. Return juice to pan and stir in reserved orange juice. Serve warm and garnish with additional orange slices and whole spices, if desired.2 large oranges,
- Can't find cran-grape juice? Use half a bottle of grape juice and half a bottle of cranberry juice instead. Or just use grape juice.
- Make this recipe up to 3 days ahead of time. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
- The 30 minute simmer time is a starting point. The longer the juice simmers with the spices, the more flavorful the drink will be.
Slow Cooker instructions:Mull ingredients in slow cooker for at least two hours.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.