Take your love of tequila beyond the margarita with these refreshing Raspberry Palomas!
When my daughter was nine, she and some of her friends started a book club. They were, and still are, voracious readers, and it was a riot watching them take such care with planning and choosing the books. And because no book club is complete without food, each family took turns hosting a “book club lunch” each month. The girls played before diving into the book discussion, the little brothers ran around together, and the moms got to chat and enjoy these refreshing Raspberry Palomas while the kids entertained themselves. Win-win-win.
I can think of no better match for the heat of summer than tequila, and these Raspberry Palomas are perfectly thirst-quenching on those hot, humid days. Plus they get bonus points for being a make ahead batch cocktail! The tangy grapefruit juice is mellowed by the agave and raspberries and is an excellent match for the smooth silver tequila. A topping of club soda keeps everything light and refreshing with just a hint of heat from the muddled jalapeño slices. Seriously so yummy!
This recipe makes around 6 lowball glasses, so whip up a pitcher of Raspberry Palomas when the temps start to climb this summer and enjoy them with friends. No book club required.
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 6 slices fresh jalapeno
- 2 ounces agave syrup
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 12 ounces silver tequila (tequila blanco)
- Club soda
- Raspberries for garnish, optional
- Muddle together raspberries, jalapeno slices, agave syrup and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour mixture into a pitcher. Add grapefruit juice and tequila to pitcher and stir to combine.
- Fill six lowball glasses with ice. Divide tequila mixture evenly among glasses. Top with club soda and two raspberries. Gently stir and serve.