Arugula Salad with Roasted Grapes and Feta Cheese
Kick boring salads to the curb with this Arugula Salad with Roasted Grapes and Feta Cheese.
I hosted book club at my house a few weeks ago and when I was planning the menu, I knew that an Arugula Salad with Roasted Grapes and Feta Cheese would be a hit. When the five of us go out to dinner, we tend to get a side of vegetables as one of our appetizers, and there are always several salads on the table. Are we weird or just healthy eaters?
Wait, don’t answer that.
I wanted to do something a little different for book club, and salads are the perfect blank slate. It is kind of funny how our book club menus have changed over the years as my eating habits have evolved. Don’t get me wrong, I love cheese and butter as much as the next person, but I have been trying to be much more intentional in the amount of vegetables I eat. And now I crave them.
Have you ever roasted grapes? Roasting grapes brings out their sweetness even more. Toss them with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and give them a quick roast in the oven. The end result? Delicious sweet, slightly acidic roasted grapes that balance perfectly with the peppery arugula and salty feta. Add a quick squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil, and this simple salad is full of complex flavors that are a welcome addition to any meal.
As for book club’s opinion? Well, the bowl was empty, does that tell you?
More Book Club Favorites:
Grilled Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad – Garnish with Lemon®
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces arugula
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss grapes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Place on jelly roll pan and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a small bowl being sure to get the juices, too. Add walnuts, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Place arugula in a salad bowl and add the the roasted grape and walnut combination and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g