This Maple Ginger Salmon recipe is a family favorite and a tasty way to add more heart healthy fish to your diet!
I’m excited to share this salmon recipe with you as it’s one of my family’s favorites. Salmon is one of those wonder foods that we should all eat more of, full of good-for-us nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids. But coming up with new and flavorful ways to entice your family to eat salmon can be tricky, especially with kids. That’s why this Maple Ginger Salmon recipe is a such a hit. The sweet and savory combination of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, fresh ginger and garlic make the glaze finger-lickin’ good for kids while the dash of hot pepper flakes keeps it interesting for adults.
This recipe is simple enough to pull together for a quick week night meal but versatile enough to make an impression when entertaining. Gotta love that! You can prepare it in a variety of ways: throw the salmon on the grill, toss it in a grill pan on the stove or even bake it if you’re so inclined. Personally I’m partial to the higher heat of the grill as the maple ginger glaze caramelizes beautifully.
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh peeled grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds of skin-on salmon (either a single fillet or several smaller fillets)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to medium.
- Mix together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Salt to taste. Reserve half of glaze.
- Liberally brush both sides of salmon with olive oil.
- Place salmon on the grill flesh side down. Cook until the salmon starts to loosen from the grates (about 7-8 minutes for a single 3-lb. salmon fillet). Flip the salmon over and gently spoon half of glaze over the cooked salmon. Continue to cook for another few minutes. You want the salmon to flake with a fork but still be a bit opaque in the middle. It will continue to cook when you pull it off the heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 114mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g