You won't believe the flavor that is packed into this 5 ingredient Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette!
Summertime seems to be made for salads, and this Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette makes a frequent appearance on our table mainly because it's Kevin's favorite. I find it kind of funny that a simple salad made with only 5 ingredients is something that he can't quite get enough of, but you won't hear me complaining!
This Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is just another reminder that keeping things simple is the best way to go.
Does anyone else try these complex meals that take a ton of time and ingredients to put together and end up with a dinner that doesn't have the wow factor it should for the amount of effort required? And then, to make matters worse, you have a ton of clean up to do.
It has happened to me more than once, so this summer I am fully embracing the keep it simple motto.
And really, with all of the fresh produce that is available during the summer months, there isn't a reason to do anything complex. Not to mention, why waste time in the kitchen when you can capitalize on the great flavors readily available?
Why this recipe works
The complex flavor combinations! The peppery arugula is the perfect partner with the salty parmesan and tart lemon vinaigrette. So much flavor in each bite.
Add some Maple Ginger Salmon, and you have a killer meal that took minutes to prepare and it's healthy to boot. Sounds like a perfect (and delicious) way for me to stay true to my keep it simple motto.
More Green Salads
- Have you ever roasted grapes? It's a game changer in this Arugula Salad with Roasted Grapes and Feta.
- Avocado and Caprese are a match made in heaven.
- You will love the homemade balsamic vinaigrette in this Spinach Salad recipe.
- This Spinach Pasta Salad is packed with flavor.
- This Shaved Brussels Sprouts salad is a tasty way to get your greens in.
Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Arugula lettuce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan
To make the vinaigrette:
- Place the lemon juice and white wine vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the salad:
- Place the arugula in a large bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing on top and toss to coat. Add grated Parmesan and toss to mix. Add shaved Parmesan to top and serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Peppery Arugula and lemon are a match made in heaven in this easy Arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette.