You'll never think of cauliflower the same way again after one bite of this Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe with roasted garlic and fresh thyme.
Cauliflower always gets a bad rap and oven gets treated like the ugly step sister of the vegetable world. But, this Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe hits it out of the park.
One bite of this tasty side dish and your friends and family will be begging for you to make it. You heard that right, this easy cauliflower recipe will make a regular appearance on your dinner table!
Why this recipe works
- Roasting the cauliflower mellows the taste and brings out its natural sweetness. Add some roasted garlic and fresh thyme, and you have a dynamic combination - one that even cauliflowers haters will embrace.
- You can eat this for lunch, with pasta, add it to a salad, or keep it as a traditional side.
No need to make an extra trip to the store with this recipe, this list is short and sweet.
- Use a whole head of cauliflower for this recipe instead of the precut florets. This will allow you to cut even sizes for optimal roasting and get flat sides for good browning.
- Fresh garlic cloves are a must for this recipe. They truly make a difference.
1. Clean cauliflower and cut into sections, making sure to have some sides flat so they can get crispy on the pan.
2. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and garlic with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Spread cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan making sure it has enough space to cook. Flip it over half way through baking to get the other side brown.
First remove large leaves from the base of the cauliflower head so the stem is exposed. Then cut around the stem and cut the cauliflower into even sized florets with at least one flat side.
No. Some nutrients may be lost when boiling cauliflower but roasting vegetables does not kill nutrients.
Your pan may be too small for the amount of vegetables that you are trying to cook. Make sure your tray is large enough for the vegetables to sit in a single layer. Overcrowding on the baking tray will steam the veggies instead of roasting them.
More roasted vegetables
- This Roasted Carrots recipe are sweet AND spicy with perfectly caramelized edges. There is no better way to eat carrots!
- This Roasted Delicata Squash recipe has only 5 ingredients and comes together in minutes. Bonus: NO peeling required!
- Want to spice up your brussels sprouts recipe? These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with a balsamic reduction are a decadent side to any dish.
- This Oven Roasted Tomato recipe is extremely versatile and can be used in appetizers, pasta or as a simple snack.
- Green beans don't need to be boring! These Oven Roasted Green Beans are nice and crispy.
- Check out all of our easy roasted vegetable recipes and side dish recipes!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 4-6 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 3-4 T Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Clean cauliflower and cut in florets.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower, olive oil, garlic until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently toss again.
- Spread cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes turning over half way through to brown the other side.
- Toss with fresh thyme and serve.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Eat this Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe for lunch, with pasta, add it to a salad, or keep it as a traditional side. Make cauliflower the star instead of the side show.