Looking for an easy, last-minute appetizer? These Cranberry Brie Bites are a great way to transform cranberry sauce and make a delicious party snack!
Raise your hand if you love easy appetizers that look like you spent a ton of time on them. These Cranberry Brie Bites use just 3 ingredients but are so full of flavor that people won't be able to stop popping them in their mouths.
Why this recipe works
This easy appetizer will become one of your go-to party snacks.
It's easy to understand why. After all, creamy Brie cheese and tart cranberry sauce has to one of the most brilliant flavor combinations ever.
Wrap it all up with a flaky puff pastry, and you have hit appetizer heaven.
And the good news is, they can be on the table in just 20 minutes so it's easy to make another batch . Better yet, save yourself the time and make a double batch right off the bat.
You only need 4 ingredients for these delicious snacks.
- Use a Brie cheese that you really like, the flavor shines through!
- Use a can of whole berry cranberry sauce if you don't have any fresh on hand.
The secret to making these so pretty is the double layer of pastry.
- Cut thawed puff pastry into squares.
2. Place one layer of puff pastry squares on parchment paper lined sheet pan.
3. Add a second layer of puff pastry.
4. Make an egg wash.
5.Brush egg wash over pastry squares.
6. Bake until golden brown and puffy. Cool.
7. Place a cube of brie cheese on top of each square.
8. Top with cranberry sauce and garnish with fresh thyme.
The secret to getting the puff pastry fluffy is the two layers. You can make them with only one, but they won't be as fluffy.
Yes, you can! You can bake the squares ahead of time and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Absolutely! You can swap the puff pastry for phyllo cups and use a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. The bites won't be as puffy, but still delicious!
We LOVE cranberries! Check out some of our other favorite cranberry recipes!
- Calling all whiskey lovers! These Cranberry Whiskey Sours are out of this world good!
- We keep cranberries in the freezer to make this Spicy Cranberry Salsa all year long!
- Who can say no to gooey Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans?
- Meet the cousin of a classic Cosmo recipe: the Metropolitan Cranberry Martini
- This Cranberry Moscow Mule is a fun spin on a classic.
Check out all of our appetizers. You can never have too many go-to's.
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Break an egg into a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Slightly roll puff pastry dough out into a 16 x 10 rectangle.
- Cut puff pastry into 48 one and a half-inch squares.
- Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper and place 24 puff pastry squares on it.
- Layer a second puff pastry square on each with the remaining 24 puff pastry squares and brush with egg wash.
- Bake puff pastry squares for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place one slice of brie on top of puff pastry and top with 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
- Garnish with thyme
- Serve room temperature.
The Puff Pastry squares can be made ahead of time, just cool completely and store in an airtight container.
If you are using a can of cranberry sauce, make sure it is whole berry sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 puff pastry bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Crunchy, creamy and full of flavor, these Cranberry Brie Bites are the BEST appetizer. You only need a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes to make these tasty snacks.