Looking for an easy, last-minute appetizer? These Cranberry Brie Bites are a great way to transform cranberry sauce and make a delicious party snack! They are easy to make ahead of time and only use 3 ingredients! What can be better than that?
These Cranberry Brie Bites use just 3 ingredients (4 if you count the garnish) but are so full of flavor that people won't be able to stop popping them in their mouths.
Why this recipe works
✘ Creamy Brie cheese and tart cranberry sauce is a brilliant flavor combination.
✘ Ready to eat in just 30 minutes and can be prepped ahead of time
✘ Served room temperature, making them great party snacks.
You only need 4 ingredients for these delicious snacks.
- Use a Brie cheese that you really like, the flavor shines through!
- Use a can of whole berry cranberry sauce if you don't have any fresh cranberries on hand.
The secret to making these so pretty is the double layer of pastry.
Cut thawed puff pastry into squares. Place one layer of puff pastry squares on parchment paper-lined sheet pan and add a second layer of puff pastry.
Make an egg wash and brush it over pastry squares. Bake until golden brown and puffy.
After puff pastry has cooled, place a cube of brie cheese on top of each square.Top with cranberry sauce and garnish with fresh thyme.
The secret to getting the puff pastry fluffy is the two layers. You can make them with only one, but they won't be as fluffy.
Yes, you can! You can bake the squares ahead of time and store them in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Absolutely! You can swap the puff pastry for phyllo cups and use a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. The bites won't be as puffy, but still delicious!
Expert Tips for Best Appetizers
✘ Measure your puffy pastry to get even squares. The small size makes them easy to eat.
✘ The egg wash is an essential step for the golden brown color of the puff pastry.
✘ Cool puff pastry completely before placing in an airtight container to prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy.
✘ Cut the brie right out of the fridge. Chilled Brie is easier to cut than room temperature cheese.
✘ Fresh Cranberry Sauce takes the flavor up a notch.
More Cranberry Recipes
We LOVE cranberries! Check out some of our other favorite cranberry recipes!
This Cranberry Moscow Mule is a fun spin on a classic.
Check out all of our appetizers. You can never have too many go-to snacks.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Break an egg into a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk to combine and set aside.1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- Slightly roll puff pastry dough out into a 16 x 10" rectangle. Cut puff pastry into 48 (1.5") squares.1 sheet puff pastry dough,
- Place 24 puff pastry squares on prepared pan. Layer a second puff pastry square on each with the remaining 24 puff pastry squares and brush with egg wash. Bake puff pastry squares for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place one slice of brie on top of puff pastry and top with 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Garnish with thyme. Serve at room temperature.1 cup cranberry sauce, 4 ounces Brie cheese,
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.