This light and bright Elderflower Martini needs to go to the top of your must-make list. One sip of this delicious drink and you will understand why it's one of our most popular cocktail recipes!
You know we love our cocktails, right?
And we have some hugely popular cocktails on Garnish with Lemon, like this Gin and Prosecco Cocktail and the Elderflower Margarita, but this Elderflower Martini recipe is one of our all-time favorite cocktails.
One sip of this mouthwatering cocktail and you will be on Team Elderflower, too.
Every time I have one, I am reminded of just how much I love this drink. It’s not too sweet, not too tart, just a perfect balance of flavors.
I'll drink to that.
- Elderflower Liqueur
- Homemade sweet & sour mix
- Lime wedges
Now don’t get freaked out by the fact that this cocktail has vodka and gin in the ingredients. Odd combination, I know, but it totally works.
I love to make mine with Tanqueray Gin and Tito's Vodka, but feel free to use your favorite.
Making a good cocktail is easy when you follow these simple steps.
- Fill a shaker with ice. Drinks are always best cold.
- Measure gin, vodka, elderflower liqueur and sweet & sour mix and add to shaker.
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Squeeze lime wedge into martini glass.
- Strain contents of shaker into glass. Serve immediately.
Pro Tip: Make them ahead of time and store in the refrigerator, but be sure to remove the ice so they don't get watered down.
Elderflower liqueur is made from the small, white flowers of the elderflower bush.
It adds such a great flavor to so many different drinks and has become one of our favorite liqueurs to use in cocktails.
The key to this drink is the homemade sweet and sour, and it is totally worth the extra work. Trust me on this one
I use this juicer to make quick work of making the homemade sweet and sour mix. But don't get me wrong, I have made it plenty of times using a reamer, too.
Sometimes the color of my sweet and sour mix varies but don’t stress. It just has to do with the variety of your lemon or limes.
Yes! And when you make the whole recipe of the homemade sweet and sour, it's super easy (and encouraged) to do!
So if you are hosting a gathering for any occasion, hanging out with friends, or just because it's the weekend, it always fits right in.
Want to make this drink later? PIN IT to save!
More Elderflower Cocktails
- Give your classic summer drink an upgrade and make this Elderflower Vodka Lemonade.
- This Vodka Soda is proof positive you can improve a classic cocktail.
- Need an easy batch cocktail? This Peach Rosé Sangria is just what you need!
- Prosecco and elderflower are a match made in heaven in this twist on a French 75 recipe.
- This Cucumber Vodka Elderflower cocktail is super refreshing!
We LOVE cocktails! Check out all of our drink recipes!
Homemade Sweet and Sour Mix:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 ounces homemade sweet and sour
- Lime wedges
To make the sweet and sour:
Combine sweet and sour mix ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine. Keep chilled until ready to use.
To make the martini:
Pour gin, vodka, St. Germain and sweet and sour into a martini shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously to combine. Squeeze a wedge of lime into a martini glass and strain the contents of the shaker into the glass.
The sweet and sour mix will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
This light and bright Elderflower Martini Recipe is a great cocktail for parties! Find out why this gin elderflower cocktail is one of our favorites!