Sometimes the best recipes are the easiest ones! You only need a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes to make this easy Cream Cheese Apple Dip. Don’t just save it for dessert, this recipe makes a great snack too!
This simple Cream Cheese Apple Dip disappears every time I make it. We took a classic cream cheese fruit dip and gave it a little update with some Greek yogurt to add a bit of tang and cut the sweetness.
Why this recipe works
- It’s easy! Only uses 5 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make!
- It’s versatile. This dip with apples, pears, ginger snaps or graham crackers.
- Appeals to all ages. Who doesn’t like a really tasty dip?
- Easy to customize! Add a caramel swirl, chocolate chips or even peanut butter.
You only need a handful of pantry staples to make this sweet dip.
A few ingredient notes:
- Cream cheese: You can use full fat or light cream cheese. Your dip will be slightly less thick if you opt for reduced fat cream cheese.
- Greek yogurt: Make sure you use plain Greek yogurt, not a flavored variety. Whole milk or 2% work well. Nonfat Greek yogurt will result in a thinner dip.
Dessert dips don't get much easier. All you need to do to make this dip is combine the sugars, cream cheese and yogurt in a bowl and mix until smooth and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Your cream cheese was probably too cold. Room temperature cream cheese is much softer and creamier than cold cream cheese. It's a lot easier to mix and gives you a smoother, fluffier dip.
This dip will keep in the refrigerator for a week. Just be sure to give it a stir before you serve in case the Greek yogurt starts to separate a bit.
I love the combination of the brown and white sugar in this dip. If you want it a little sweeter, use all brown sugar. If you want it a little lighter, swap the brown sugar out for white.
Apples are our top choice for this dip. Their crisp, tart crunch makes them a great match for the smooth, sweet cream cheese. But really any fruit is a winner. Strawberries and bananas are always a great bet.
Fruit not your favorite? This cream cheese dip is crazy good when you use gingersnaps as dippers. Chocolate cookies and graham crackers would be tasty, too.
The sky is the limit with how you serve this apple dip. We love it topped with toffee bits but you can swap in your favorite topping or eat it as is. It’s a pretty forgiving recipe.
Try topping it with:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped almonds
- Add a swirl of caramel or chocolate sauce
- Stir in some peanut butter and blend until creamy
- Swap out the plain cream cheese and use strawberry cream cheese.
The options are endless.
Expert Tips for the Best Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
✘ Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature. It’s so much easier to mix and is the key step to the fluffiest dip!
✘ Full fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt give the best flavor, but you can also substitute reduced fat cream cheese and 2% yogurt for a thinner dip.
✘ Only use plain Greek yogurt. Flavored yogurts already contain sugar.
✘ Use fresh brown sugar. Old brown sugar often has crystallized chunks that never fully dissolve in the dip.
✘ Let the dip warm up for 10 minutes before serving to take the chill off.
Favorite Apple Recipes
Apple season is the best time of the year, you can never go wrong with anything apple, be it baked goods, snacks, appetizers or cocktails!
Cinnamon Apple Snacks are an easy answer for your next snack attack.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Cream Cheese Apple Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, whole milk or 2%
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup toffee bits, optional
- Apple slices & gingersnaps, for serving
- Place cream cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla and sugars together in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.8 ounces cream cheese,, ½ cup plain Greek yogurt,, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To serve: Top with optional toffee bits and pair with apple slices and gingersnaps.⅓ cup toffee bits,, Apple slices & gingersnaps,
- If you want your dip a little sweeter, use all brown sugar. If you want it a little lighter in color, swap the brown sugar out for white.
- Make sure your ingredients are room temperature for the fluffiest dip.
- Pull your dip out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving to take the chill off.
- This dip will keep in the refrigerator for 7 days.
- Get creative with your dippers! Use apples, graham crackers, ginger snaps, bananas or pears!
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.