These Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktails will warm you from the inside out and keep you toasty all season long – the perfect fall cocktail!
But I always make sure to squirrel away enough for Pat and me to enjoy these smooth and seasonal Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktails after a long week. It’s one of our favorite fall cocktails.
I usually make the simple syrup a few days in advance and keep it in the fridge until I’m ready to use it to make cocktail hour even easier.
Hosting a party? These Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktails can easily be multiplied as a batch cocktail for your guests (I highly recommend adding these to your Thanksgiving menu). Or tuck a few into a thermos the next time you tailgate for the big game.
Sample a few more of our favorite fall cocktails!
Hot Ginger Cider Cocktails – Garnish with Lemon®
Pumpkin Spice White Russian – Nutmeg Nanny
Maple Old Fashioned Cocktail – Garnish with Lemon®
Spiced Apple Cider Whiskey Sour – Boulder Locavore
Kahlua Pumpkin Scotchie – Garnish with Lemon®
Check out all of our cocktail recipes HERE!
Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 ounce apple brandy (I used Laird's Applejack)
- 1 ounce fresh apple cider
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce thyme simple syrup
- Dash Angostura bitters
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add thyme. Allow to steep for 15 minutes. Strain and refrigerate.
To make cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add bourbon, applejack, apple cider, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters. Shake and strain into ice-filled glasses.
Adapted from Gramercy Tavern
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191 Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 15.7g Fiber: .1g Sugar: 3.8g Protein: .1g