This Spicy Cranberry Salsa recipe is a mouthwatering addition to your holiday spread. It takes minutes to make and is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet!
It’s officially party season and that, my friends, is my favorite time of year. When else is it totally socially acceptable, even expected, to have appetizers count as a full meal? This Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese is a fresh spin on the traditional pepper jelly and cream cheese appetizer that I love. Add this to your holiday spread and watch it disappear.
I’m always looking for new additions to our holiday party that we host each December. I have my tried and true favorites that everyone expects like the Bacon Cream Cheese Bites and this Asiago Dip . But I like to change things up a little bit and this Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese is simply irresistible. I love the combination of tangy fresh cranberries, spicy jalapeños and cool cream cheese. Slather it on a cracker and I can’t stop eating it. Simple, festive, and absolutely delicious. It’s your new go-to dish for the holiday season.
Need more party food ideas? We’ve got a whole board dedicated to them on Pinterest. Follow us to make sure you don’t miss anything!
Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries, fresh
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 block cream cheese (for serving)
- Place cranberries in bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add sugar and stir to combine. Add cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, salt and the juice of one lime. Place in glass dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place cream cheese on a plate and use a slotted spoon to mound the cranberry salsa on top. Serve with crackers or bread.