This Spicy Cranberry Salsa recipe is a mouthwatering addition to your holiday spread. It takes minutes to make and is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet!
It's officially party season and that, my friends, is my favorite time of year.
Not only is it party season. It’s cranberry season and cranberries never get the love and respect they deserve.
This Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese is a fresh spin on the traditional pepper jelly and cream cheese appetizer that everyone knows and loves.
We love all the cranberry things but easy appetizers are at the top of our list, especially during the holidays. After all, when else is it totally socially acceptable, even expected, to have appetizers count as a full meal?
But I like to change the traditional menu up a little bit and this Spicy Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese is simply irresistible.
What ingredients do I need to make cranberry salsa?
- Fresh cranberries
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onions
- Fresh Lime
How spicy is this salsa?
Spicy sweet is one of my favorite combinations. And this salsa has a subtle heat that is easy to amp it up with additional jalapeno or temper it by cutting back.
I love the combination of tangy fresh cranberries, spicy jalapeños and cool cream cheese. Slather it on a cracker and I can’t stop eating it.
However you make it, it will be delicious. Add this to your holiday spread and watch it disappear.
How do I make this easy appetizer recipe?
Step 1: Place cranberries in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. You can decide how smooth or chunky you want it. Any way to chop them works, so pick what texture you prefer. Me? I’m a chunky salsa kind of gal, so I just give it a couple of quick whirls.
Step 2: Add sugar and stir to combine.
Step 3: Add cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, salt and the juice of one lime.
Step 4: Place in a glass dish, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. The waiting is the hardest part, but trust me this step is the most important.
Step 5: Place softened cream cheese on a plate and use a slotted spoon to mound the cranberry salsa on top. Serve with crackers.
What if I don’t own a food processor? How do I make this cranberry relish?
No worries! You can still make this cranberry salsa without a food processor, it will just take you a little longer. Grab your favorite large knife and a cutting board and chop away.
Pro Tip: Use a cutting board with an edge so that your cranberries aren’t rolling all over the kitchen. This board has saved me a mess more times than I can count.
Need more party food ideas? We've got a whole board dedicated to them on Pinterest. Follow us to make sure you don't miss anything!
How can I serve this cranberry relish?
Your options are endless. Here are a few of our favorite ways to eat it.
- Serve it is with a block of softened cream cheese and some hearty crackers.
- Set it out with some crostini and whipped cream cheese and let people build their own little bite size appetizers.
- Eat it straight up as a relish.
- Upgrade your leftovers and slather it on top of a turkey sandwich.
Simple, festive, and absolutely delicious. It’s your new go-to dish for the holiday season.
You can never have too many cranberry recipes in our book. Check out our faves!
- Metropolitan Cranberry Martini
- Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites
- Cranberry Orange Prosecco Cocktails
- Baked Brie with Cranberries
Need more appetizer recipes? Check out our whole collection here.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries, fresh
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 block cream cheese (for serving)
- Place cranberries in bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Add cilantro, green onions, jalapeño, salt and the juice of one lime.
- Place in glass dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place cream cheese on a plate and use a slotted spoon to mound the cranberry salsa on top.
- Serve with crackers or bread.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g