Perfectly balanced between sweet and tart, this 4-ingredient Cranberry Martini recipe is a tasty twist on a traditional Cosmo. The difference? One simple ingredient. Mix it up in minutes and say hello to your new favorite happy hour martini.
This cocktail is for all of the Cosmo lovers out there. Now, we love a classic Cosmo recipe just like everyone else, but we'd like to introduce you to her smoother sister: The Cranberry Martini.
One glance at this gorgeous drink and you would think its a cosmo, but it's not. There is a small, yet significant, difference between the two drinks: the vodka.
Why this Cranberry Martini is so good
- This martini uses blackberry or currant vodka instead of plain or citrus vodka and that makes a huge difference.
- The ingredient list is short. You only need 4 ingredients for this stellar sipper.
- It's easy! You can make one or a batch in no time at all. If you have 5 minutes and a cocktail shaker, you are set.
You only need 4 ingredients for this pretty in pink drink!
- Cranberry juice - Use 100% cranberry juice for the best flavor.
- Lime juice - Fresh is best. Save the bottled juice for another use.
- Blackberry vodka -Flavored vodka is a must for this drink.
This gorgeous cocktail takes seconds to mix and makes a great batch cocktail!
Fill a shaker with ice and add blackberry vodka and triple sec.
Add cranberry Juice and lime juice.
Shake vigorously to combine. Strain into glass and serve.
Garnish with lime wedges, twists or float fresh cranberries.
Yes, it does! A lot! Even though it is a small amount, the blackberry vodka gives this drink its berry flavor and adds a lot of depth to the cranberry and orange.
This recipe calls for sweetened cranberry juice. Because you aren't adding any additional simple syrup, definitely seek out the sweetened cranberry juice. If you try to use unsweetened cranberry juice, the cocktail will be too tart.
The simple answer is to make your drink cold. The more scientific answer is, citrus juice and alcohol have different densities and won't mix easily unless they are shaken together.
However, if a drink is all liquor, like the best old fashioned recipe, a Perfect Manhattan Cocktail Recipe or a negroni, stirring is the way to go.
Expert Tips for the Best Martinis
✘ Squeeze limes for fresh juice. It truly is the difference between a mediocre martini and a fabulous one. This handheld juicer makes squeezing fresh citrus fruits a snap.
✘ Use good vodka. You always want to pull out the good stuff when making martinis because they are the star of the show. Our favorite brands are Grey Goose, Esmé, Absolut or Ketel One. Save the less expensive vodkas for your Bloody Mary.
✘ Shake your drinks for a full 30-60 seconds. Shaking the martini serves 2 purposes. It makes your drink cold and fully emulsifies the juices with the alcohol so every sip is perfectly balanced.
Favorite Martini Recipes
We love to serve martinis when friends come over! Check out some of our go-to cocktails!
Check out all of our drink recipes in our archives!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts!
Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Metropolitan Cranberry Martini
- 2 ounces Blackberry Vodka
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 1 ounce Cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Lime juice
- Fresh cranberries or lime wedge for garnish optional
- Place vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into martini glass.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.