Perfectly balanced between sweet and tart, this Metropolitan Cranberry Martini recipe is a tasty twist on a traditional Cosmo. It's so good you'll wonder what took you so long to make it!
This cocktail is for all of the Cosmo lovers out there. Now, we love a classic Cosmo recipe just like everyone else, but we'd like to introduce you to her smoother sister: The Cranberry Martini.
One glance at this gorgeous drink and you would think its a cosmo, but it's not. There is a small, yet significant, difference between the two drinks: the vodka.
This martini uses blackberry or currant vodka instead of plain vodka and that makes a huge difference.
Don't believe us? Try them side by side and decide for yourself. Either way you pour it, you can't go wrong.
You only need 4 ingredients to get this gorgeous cocktail!
- cranberry juice- use 100% cranberry juice for the best flavor.
- fresh lime juice- fresh is best, save the bottled juice for another use.
- blackberry vodka- flavored vodka is a must for this drink.
This gorgeous cocktail takes seconds to mix and makes a great batch cocktail!
Step 1: Fill a shaker with ice and add blackberry vodka.
Step 2: Add triple sec.
Step 3: Add Cranberry Juice.
Step 4: Add Lime Juice.
Step 5: Shake vigorously to combine (this drink is best COLD)
Step 6: Strain into glass and serve.
Garnish with lime wedges, twists or float fresh cranberries.
Yes, it does! A lot! Even though it is a small amount, the blackberry vodka gives this drink its berry flavor and adds a lot of depth to the cranberry and orange.
This recipe calls for sweetened cranberry juice. Because you aren't adding any additional simple syrup, definitely seek out the sweetened cranberry juice. If you try to use unsweetened cranberry juice, the cocktail will be too tart.
Favorite Martini Recipes
We love to serve martinis when friends come over! Check out some of our go-to cocktails!
- This Chocolate Martini Recipe tastes like the best "adult" chocolate milk!
- Made with vodka and gin, this Elderflower Martini is one of our most popular drinks!
- You can never go wrong with this classic Lemon Drop Martini recipe!
- Celebrate in style when you serve a Pomegranate Martini made with tequila!
Check out all of our drink recipes!
Metropolitan Cranberry Martini
- 2 ounces Blackberry Vodka
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 1 ounce Cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Lime juice
- Fresh cranberries or lime wedge for garnish optional
- Place vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into martini glass.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
One sip of this Cranberry Martini and you will be in love! This twist on a traditional Cosmo is proof positive that you can improve a classic cocktail.