These easy, pretty-in-pink Sparkling Cranberry Gin Cocktails are the perfect holiday drink for any occasion from Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve. Seasonal and festive, these drinks use just a handful of ingredients and are party ready in minutes!
Up your party game this year with an easy signature holiday cocktail. I can think of no more festive way to toast the season than with a glass (or two) of these eye-catching Sparkling Cranberry Gin Cocktails.
Why you'll love this drink
➤ It's perfectly balanced. This gin and cranberry cocktail is the best of both worlds - tart and sweet - with a splash of bubbles from Prosecco or club soda to make it extra merry and refreshing.
➤ It's easy to make ahead of time and serve a group. Mix all the ingredients except the bubbles together in a pitcher. Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pour into glasses and top with sparkling beverage of your choice.
➤ It's festive and seasonal. If cranberries aren't the signature fruit of the holidays, they should be. You will automatically elevate any seasonal event when you serve these.
Do you have a signature holiday cocktail? Maybe this 5-ingredient cranberry gin drink can be yours!
A few ingredient notes:
- Cranberry juice cocktail - This sweetened cranberry juice is my go-to for most cocktails as it gives the best cranberry flavor.
- Simple syrup - You can buy a bottle at the store but you can make it for pennies at home. Check out our post for how to make simple syrup for all the details.
- Fresh lime juice - Skip the bottled stuff. It contains preservatives that impact flavor. Stick with fresh-squeezed for this drink.
- Prosecco (or other sparkling wine) - Don't break the bank on an expensive bottle. A moderately priced brand works beautifully. If you're only making a few drinks, grab the small bottles at the liquor store. You can also substitute club soda for the sparkling wine, if you prefer.
It takes just a minute to make this cocktail!
Add gin, cranberry juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Pour in simple syrup and lime juice. Shake for at least 30 seconds.
Strain into two ice-filled glasses. Top each glass with Prosecco and gently stir to combine.
Prosecco, an Italian sparkling wine, is often my go-to for any cocktail that calls for bubbles. (This French 77 and this Peach Bellini recipe are great examples.) But you can also swap in Cava, a Spanish version of bubbles, or an American sparkling wine, too. You can typically get a decent bottle of sparkling wine for cocktails for around $12.
The bottles and bottles of cranberry juice at the store can be intimidating. I prefer cranberry juice cocktail for this drink but let's break down the most common options:
➤ Cranberry Juice Cocktail is made with only cranberries and sugar. It has the sweet-tart taste we're most familiar with.
➤ Cranberry Juice (labeled 100% juice) is often not 100% cranberry juice but rather a blend of several fruit juices like apple, pear, grape and cranberry. The juice blend helps offset the natural tartness of the cranberries but it does change the flavor a bit, too.
➤ Unsweetened Cranberry Juice is just that - pure, tart cranberry juice. Prepare to pucker up.
Expert tips for making Cranberry Gin Cocktails
✘ Use cranberry juice cocktail for the best cranberry flavor.
✘ If you're only making a few cocktails, grab the mini bottles of sparkling wine at the liquor store as the bubbles don't keep well after they are opened.
✘ Not a sparkling wine fan? Substitute club soda instead!
✘ Homemade simple syrup is easy and inexpensive to make. Plus it keeps for weeks in the fridge. Follow our directions to make your own at home!
✘ A footed glass like the one we used is pretty, but don't feel like you need special glassware to make this drink. A low ball glass works just fine!
✘ The recipe is written for one drink, but you can easily multiply the ingredients to make enough for a crowd.
✘ Short on time? You can prep most of this drink in advance. Stir together the gin, cranberry juice, lime juice and simple syrup and refrigerate. Evenly pour into ice filled glasses when ready to serve and top with Prosecco.
More cranberry cocktails
Cranberry drinks don't always get the love they deserve - except around here! We've got something for everyone.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Check out all of our drink recipes in our archives!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Sparkling Cranberry Gin Cocktails
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces Prosecco
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add gin, cranberry and lime juices and simple syrup. Cover and shake for at least 30 seconds.2 ounces gin, 2 ounces cranberry juice cocktail, 1 ounce simple syrup, ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- Evenly pour cocktail into two ice-filled low ball glasses. Top with Prosecco and gently stir to combine. Garnish with fresh cranberries and a lime twist, if desired.1 ½ ounces Prosecco
- Use cranberry juice cocktail for best flavor. Cranberry juices labeled 100% juice are often a combination of other fruit juices with cranberry juice for a milder taste.
- I like to buy the mini bottles of sparkling wine for cocktails like this. I use exactly what I need and nothing goes to waste!
- No sparkling wine? No problem! Use club soda instead.
- This drink is easy to multiply for a crowd and can be prepped ahead of time. Stir together the gin, cranberry juice, lime juice and simple syrup and refrigerate. Evenly pour into ice filled glasses when ready to serve and top with Prosecco.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.