Break out of your breakfast rut with Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. It’s nutritious and delicious and guaranteed to start your day on the right foot.
Can we talk breakfast?
I always start the school year with a bang and make great breakfasts for the kids. Then October comes, and we have resorted to ready-made oatmeal, frozen waffles and bowls of cereal. Fast forward to January, and I won’t even tell you what we are eating for breakfast. But, let’s be realistic; getting out of bed for a bowl of cold cereal when its 10 degrees outside isn’t really enticing. So it’s time to up my game and add a few more items to my standbys. I’m a sucker for oatmeal, especially when it’s cold out. And since I always have blueberries on hand, this Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is perfect addition to our breakfast rotation.
I don’t need to plan ahead with this Blueberry Baked Oatmeal – it’s ready in just 20 minutes. The blueberries add the perfect amount of sweetness, and each bite is filled with blueberry goodness. The recipe makes 6 individual ramekins of oatmeal and reheats like a champ in the microwave. Just add a splash of milk and you are on your way to a fabulous berry-filled day.
I can never have too many options for my most challenging meal of the day. Share your secrets with me. How do you fuel your kids (or yourself!) in the morning?
A few more tasty ways to start your day!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 8x8 square baking pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Add blueberries and stir gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until oatmeal is set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g