A Cape Cod Drink (commonly known as a vodka cranberry) is a classic cocktail that everyone should know how to make. This refreshing cocktail only uses 3 ingredients and can be ready in less than 5 minutes.
Wine and beer are always easy choices when you are hosting a happy hour at home. But serving classic cocktails like this Cape Cod Drink is a great way to up your bartending game.
Why you will love this Vodka Cranberry
✔️ It's easy to make. Simply measure and pour the ingredients in a low ball glass and stir before serving. Don't skimp on the ice!
✔️ It only uses 3 ingredients including the garnish. Cranberry juice and vodka are staples of any well-stocked home bar, so just grab a fresh lime at the grocery store and you are ready to go.
✔️ It's easy to make variations. The standard ratio of alcohol to mixers is 1 part alcohol to 3 parts mixer. Looking for a lighter drink? Add a splash of club soda. If you like your drink a little stiffer, simply add a touch more vodka and pare down the cranberry juice.
You only need 3 ingredients for this easy cocktail.
- Choose your vodka wisely. You don't need to use the highest quality of vodka like you would in a martini, but please go a step above rail quality. Your head will thank you in the morning. Absolut, Titos and Grey Duck are some of our favorites.
It only takes a few steps and less than 5 minutes to make this vodka cranberry cocktail.
Fill a low ball glass with ice and add vodka and cranberry juice cocktail.
Squeeze lime wedge into glass and stir.
・Cranberry juice that is labeled as 100% juice is a blend of 4 different juices to give it some sweetness but it is all juice.
・Cranberry cocktail is the OG and is cranberry juice that has been sweetened and it is what we use in the Cape Cod.
・Unsweetened Cranberry Juice is 100% cranberry juice without any added sugars.
Yes, you can. But you will want to add a ½ ounce - 1 ounce of simple syrup to cut the tartness. Otherwise, stick with the cranberry cocktail and skip the simple syrup.
Note: Organic Unsweetened Cranberry Juice is 100% cranberry juice without any added sugars but is much paler in color than nonorganic juice so your drink will be a different color.
The name of the drink depends upon where you live. In the midwest, it is simply called a Vodka Cranberry, but on the east coast, the same drink is a Cape Cod, giving reference to the town that is known for growing cranberries.
Expert Tips for the Best Drinks
- Use quality ingredients. When a drink only has 3 ingredients including the garnish, it's important to use the best.
- Make sure it's cold! Cold drinks taste better. Make sure you use lots of ice.
- Measure your ingredients. When a cocktail only has a few ingredients, it is important to get the proper ratio for a balanced drink.
- Stir your drink before serving. When you don't use a cocktail shaker to mix a drink, it is important to stir it before serving so the juices and vodka are mixed properly.
More Classic Cocktails
Check out all of our cocktail recipes!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Cape Cod Drink
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 4 ½ ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 lime wedge
- Fill a low ball glass with ice and add vodka and cranberry cocktail.1 ½ ounces vodka, 4 ½ ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- Squeeze a lime wedge into glass and stir.1 lime wedge
- Serve immediately.
- Cranberry juice that is labeled as 100% juice is a blend of 4 different juices to give it some sweetness but it is all juice.
- Cranberry cocktail is the OG and is cranberry juice that has been sweetened and it is what we use in the Cape Cod Drink.
- Unsweetened Cranberry Juice is 100% cranberry juice without any added sugars.
- Organic Unsweetened Cranberry Juice is 100% cranberry juice without any added sugars but is much paler in color than nonorganic juice so your drink will be a different color.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.