These flavor-packed Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream are great for entertaining a group. And the best part? They are ready to serve in 30 minutes.
Looking for a little something different for your next gathering? Taco bars are always a hit with a group, and these easy Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream are a great change from your traditional beef tacos.
Most everyone likes Mexican food, and that makes tacos a great choice for a party. Shrimp Tacos just scream spring to me, so light and flavorful. And easy. I love easy.
Sear the shrimp in the pan with cajun seasoning, garlic, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Add some charred corn and top it all with a smoky chipotle cream. How can you go wrong with a flavor combination like that? Short answer: You can't. And the best part is you didn't have to spend a ton of time slaving away in the kitchen.
And while some taco bars can be a lot of work prepping condiments, that is not the case here. Simply place the tortillas in a warmer, plate the shrimp and corn mixture, set out some pico de gallo, and the chipotle cream. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and you're in business. How's that for easy?
Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 3 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, minced plus 3 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- juice of half of a lime
- 8 flour tortillas
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
To make the Chipotle Cream:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Can be made ahead. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To prepare the shrimp:
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and add cajun seasoning. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds (or until garlic is fragrant). Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add corn to skillet and squeeze the lime juice over shrimp and corn. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with flour tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro, chipotle cream and avocado, if desired.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.