Calling all taco lovers! These Easy Shrimp Tacos are packed with flavor and will have everyone asking for the recipe. Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight meal or something tasty to serve a group, these spicy shrimp tacos are perfect. The best part? They use pantry staple spices and are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
Most everyone likes Mexican food, and that makes tacos a great choice for any occasion. Have you ever met anyone who doesn't like tacos?
Me neither. And that's why these Easy Shrimp Tacos are the perfect way to update your Taco Tuesday. One bite and this recipe will move into the regular dinner rotation.
Why this recipe works
- Prep to table takes only 30 minutes making it great for a quick weeknight meal. (I highly recommend drinking a golden margarita while you are cooking.)
- This recipe uses frozen shrimp and pantry staple spices making it easy on the pocket book.
- Shrimp is healthy but still satisfies your taco cravings.
- Shrimp tacos don't need all of the traditional condiments of a regular taco making clean up a snap.
- You will have extra chipotle cream. Refrigerate and use on wraps or put a dollop on top of some Chicken Taco Soup.
You only need a handful of ingredients for these flavorful Spicy Shrimp Tacos.
These shrimp tacos are the definition of an easy dinner. They only take minutes to make.
Add the chopped chipotles, sour cream and greek yogurt to a small bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place shrimp in bowl and toss with spices. Heat olive oil in pan and add shrimp. Sauté until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Serve with tortillas, corn, chipotle cream, lime wedges & cilantro. Dinner is ready. Taco night doesn't get much easier.
Pick up a bag of large (26-30 per pound) frozen shrimp. Save the fresh, jumbo shrimp for another time. The large shrimp are the perfect size for tacos.
Shrimp tastes best when it is eaten right after it has been cooked. In a pinch it can be reheated. Be sure to do it low and slow so it doesn't dry the shrimp out and make it rubbery.
Expert Tips for the Best Tacos
- Heat your pan before you add the shrimp to sear them instead of steaming them to avoid rubbery shrimp.
- Make these tacos gluten-free with homemade taco seasoning and corn tortillas.
- Don't like things as spicy? Squeeze lime wedges over shrimp to cool the heat.
- Buy the fire-roasted frozen corn at the grocery store for extra flavor.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
You can never have too many easy dinner recipes in your back pocket. Check out some of our most popular recipes!
Need more ideas? Check out all of our main dish recipes.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Easy Shrimp Tacos
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 chopped chipotle peppers (packed in adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- lime wedges
- 8 tortillas (corn or flour)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- cotija cheese
To make the Chipotle Cream:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Can be made ahead. Refrigerate until ready to use.½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ cup sour cream, 3 chopped chipotle peppers
To prepare the shrimp:
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and add cajun seasoning. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. When olive oil is hot, add shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with corn, lime wedges, tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro, chipotle cream and cotija cheese, if desired.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.