Game day food doesn’t get much easier than these 5-ingredient Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Subs!
Need to feed a hungry crowd of sports fans? These Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Subs come together quickly and couldn’t be simpler to pull together for last minute gatherings.
The slow cooker does all the heavy lifting for this recipe. Meatballs simmer in sauce all day long to ensure every bite is tender and flavorful. If you have a favorite homemade meatball or marinara sauce recipe, feel free to use it with these Meatball Subs. But since we’re keeping it real here, my sandwiches usually come together with precooked meatballs and jarred sauce from the grocery store. (No shame in that game!)
Since the meatballs warm in the slow cooker the day of the party, all you have left to do is give the subs a quick spin under the broiler to evenly melt the cheeses and toast the bread before serving to your guests. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for larger groups, but you may need to use an additional slow cooker to handle the increased ingredients.
Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- Place frozen meatballs and sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, divide meatballs among buns and top with shredded cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Serve warm.