Two of summer's best sippers - sangria and lemonade - come together in this refreshing Rum Sangria Lemonade recipe. It takes 5 minutes to make and uses just a handful of ingredients making it a no-brainer addition to your next bbq, book club or happy hour menu.
This Rum Sangria Lemonade is a tasty way to celebrate long lazy nights on the patio or tailgating before the big game. Just pour, stir and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors develop and your cocktails are set.
I love that I can make it ahead of time and don't have to worry about keeping a bunch of separate bottles cold. Just pack some cups and ice, pour the sangria in a pitcher, and I'm set.
That's my kind of entertaining. Tasty, easy and no fuss.
Why this recipe works
- This sangria comes together quickly and doesn't need to sit as long as other sangrias to get its great flavor if you don't make it hours ahead of time.
- This sangria recipe makes a large batch and serves 8 easily.
- It keeps for a week in the refrigerator (if you are lucky enough to have it last that long).
- It's easy to make it your own by changing the fruit or the wine and hard to make it wrong.
You don't need a long list of ingredients to make this refreshing summer drink!
Grab a large pitcher and start by adding the lemonade, rum and white wine.
Add the sugar, give it a good stir to dissolve the sugar and add your fresh orange and apple slices. Cover and chill for about an hour to let the flavors develop.
The ingredient list is short so fresh is best. I usually pick up some fresh lemonade from my local grocery store when making this sangria recipe. The quality of your lemonade makes a huge difference in the outcome of this sangria recipe. Save the canned lemonade concentrate for a bootleg cocktail.
Always use a bottle you would drink on its own, but go middle of the road price wise. Save more expensive bottles for drinking on its own. I recommend a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio for this drink.
Just remember: Always use your favorite ingredients in a recipe. The flavors shine through!
You don't have to, but I recommend it. The extra punch of lemon flavor adds a lot of depth to the cocktail.
Expert Tips for the Best Sangria
Use fresh lemonade for this recipe, it really makes a difference.
Use wine you like to drink, but not the most expensive bottle. I like to use Sauvignon Blanc in this Sangria Lemonade, but feel free to sub in Pinot Grigio or your favorite white if you prefer. Steer clear of a heavy chardonnay, it's too much for this light, refreshing drink.
I always have citrus vodka on hand to make a Lemon Drop Martini and it makes a great substitution for the rum.
Want to add some fizz? Swap out a cup of the lemonade and add club soda right before serving instead.
More Sangria Recipes
You can never have too many sangria recipes in your files! Check out this Sunset Sangria or some of our other favorites!
Rum Sangria Lemonade
- 4 cups lemonade
- 1 750ml bottle of white wine Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup Lemon Flavored Rum
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 orange cut into slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into thin slices
- Pour lemonade, white wine, rum, and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir well until sugar dissolves.4 cups lemonade, 1 750ml bottle of white wine, 1 cup Lemon Flavored Rum, 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Add orange and apple slices and stir again.1 orange cut into slices, 1 Granny Smith apple cut into thin slices
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for about an hour to let flavors develop. Serve over ice.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.