Beat the heat this summer and quench your thirst with this super refreshing Cucumber Melon Sangria.
The best summer cocktails are light, refreshing and easy to sip on all night long. This Cucumber Melon Sangria ticks all of those boxes plus it is made in advance which pretty much makes this the perfect summer party cocktail.
What I love about sangria is you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy it. A $10 or less bottle of wine will do the job nicely. Pick a moderately dry white wine for this recipe. Pile in chunks of sweet honeydew melon, fresh cucumber slices and a handful of cooling mint along with a generous pour of dry gin. Let this mixture chill out in the fridge for at least a few hours so all the flavors blend together. To keep the taste light and refreshing, add a bit of sparkling water or club soda to the pitcher just before serving.
The recipe for this Cucumber Melon Sangria is easily multiplied for a large group of people, and I highly recommended that you at least double it. You’ll be amazed at how quickly you sip your way through it.
Cucumber Melon Sangria
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine
- 3/4 cup gin
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 honeydew melon, cubed
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup sparkling water or club soda
- Combine all ingredients except sparkling water in a large pitcher and still well. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (more if possible).
- Just before serving, pour in sparkling water and gently stir to combine. Serve over ice.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 231kcal Calories from fat 2|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|