This easy Pineapple Sangria recipe is the ultimate thirst-quencher on a hot summer day. This batch cocktail is made in advance with only 6 ingredients - perfect for parties!
If you need me, I’ll be laying by the pool with a glass of this uber-refreshing Pineapple Sangria. Trust me friends, pin, bookmark or print this easy Pineapple Sangria recipe because you will want to have it on repeat all summer long.
With only 6 ingredients, this sangria couldn’t be easier to pull together, but it is key that you use Vinho Verde wine in this recipe. What is Vinho Verde? It’s an easy-drinking, low-alcohol white wine from Portugal that typically has a little bit of effervescence to it. Most Vinho Verde wines are young which means they are really affordable. In fact, the bottle I used for this easy Pineapple Sangria recipe retailed for $9.
Those bitty bubbles in the Vinho Verde wine are the perfect pick me up on a hot summer day, especially when paired with some tropical pineapple rum, tangy limes, a bit of simple syrup and juicy, fresh pineapple. The last ingredient, fresh basil, is also a must. Infusing the Pineapple Sangria with the basil gives it just a hint of herbal flavor that adds lovely dimension to the cocktail. Don’t skip it!
Having guests for a BBQ? This Pineapple Sangria recipe can be made the day before your party so the flavors can meld overnight in the fridge. Or stir up a pitcher for your next heatwave. We won’t judge if you don’t share.
Any sangria fans out there? We’ve got more sangria recipes just for you!
- Sangria Lemonade - Garnish with Lemon®
- Single Serve Sangria for One - Crazy for Crust
- Cucumber Melon Sangria - Garnish with Lemon®
- Raspberry Mango Sangria - Nutmeg Nanny
- Peach Rosé Sangria - Garnish with Lemon®
Pineapple Sangria Recipe
- 1 750 ml bottle Vinho Verde wine
- ¼ 750 ml bottle pineapple rum
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ¼ pineapple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large lime sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Place all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir before serving over ice.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.