Appetizers don't get much easier than these 4-ingredient Caprese Bites!
Need a quick and easy appetizer for a summer party? I've got just the thing. These Caprese Bites are seasonal, fresh and are sure to go fast at your next gathering. And who doesn't love eating with their hands?
My spin on an Italian Caprese salad includes sweet grape tomatoes, fresh and creamy mozzarella and a pesto-coated cheese tortellini. Certainly not 100% traditional, but I love the flavor combination, and it's super fast to pull together.
Assembling these Caprese Bites is a fantastic job to give to guests who are always asking what they can do to help. But if you're short on time and don't want to fuss with threading the ingredients onto the skewers, you could easily toss the pesto, tortellini, mozzarella, and tomatoes in a bowl and enjoy a rock star pasta salad.
- Refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
- Fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Basil pesto (either store-bought or homemade)
- Toss tortellini with pesto.
- Thread tomatoes, mozzarella bites and pesto tortellini onto skewers.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
You’ll notice I didn’t specify exact amounts with this recipe. Make as many or as few as you need for your gathering.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g