Protein-packed and full of coffee flavor, this Easy Coffee Smoothie makes breakfast a snap!
It’s no secret that I am a coffee lover, and my day is not complete unless it starts with coffee in some way, shape or form.
And even though I’m an early riser, I don’t always have time to leisurely sip on coffee and eat a good breakfast. But this Easy Coffee Smoothie combines the best of both worlds in one and helps me jumpstart my day.
Is there anyone else who makes a pot of coffee in the morning and not drink the whole thing? That isn’t always the case with me, especially since I have my new favorite coffee machine, the Technivorm Moccamaster. It brews right into the carafe and stays hot ALL day. How is that for an amazing coffee maker?
But on those days I do have coffee leftover, I pop it in the fridge and make a batch of these Easy Coffee Smoothies.
Tips to make the best coffee smoothies
- A good blender. Now I know not everyone can splurge on a top-tier blender, but I highly suggest you save up your pennies because they make a huge difference in how quickly you can pull together a batch of smoothies.
- Make sure you start with your favorite coffee. The coffee flavor is prevalent, so don’t use anything you wouldn’t drink on its own.
- Freeze bananas in individual freezer bags and you don’t need to worry about having one on hand. If you don’t use a frozen banana your smoothie will be thin and soupy. Like even thicker smoothies? Add a few extra ice cubes.
- Use whatever sweetener you prefer. I love the flavor the agave syrup adds, but feel free to use your favorite.
- This vanilla protein powder is our current favorite. Adding protein powder to smoothies is an easy way to increase your protein intake during the day. I always feel fuller longer when I add more protein to my diet. We’ve tried a number of them but keep coming back to this one. It’s organic, too!
Can I make these smoothies ahead of time?
Absolutely! Simply make a batch of these smoothies and freeze in individual containers. Place the smoothie in the fridge the night before and your smoothie is ready to go in the morning. Breakfast doesn’t get much easier!
So embrace your busy mornings and take breakfast off your list of things to get done. This Easy Coffee Smoothie recipe can be made ahead of time and combines breakfast with my favorite morning beverage all into one.
I’d say that’s a win-win all around.
Smoothies are a perfect way to start your day! Check out some of our other favorites:
Easy Banana Spinach Protein Smoothie – Garnish with Lemon®
Vegan Banana Matcha Smoothie – Food Faith Fitness
Banana Bread Smoothie – Gimme Some Oven
Salted Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie – The Lemon Bowl
Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie – Garnish with Lemon®
Want to save this recipe for later? PIN IT here!
- 3/4 cup coffee, cooled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice if thicker consistency is desired. Serve immediately.
Serving Size:12 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 30g