This Easy Coffee Smoothie gives you the best of both breakfast worlds! It's packed with protein and coffee flavor which makes breakfast on the go a snap!
Calling all coffee lovers! If your day needs to start with coffee but you don't always have time to drink it, this is the smoothie for you!
This Easy Coffee Smoothie combines the best of both worlds in one easy breakfast and will jumpstart your day.
So on those days you don't have time for coffee, embrace your busy mornings and take breakfast off your to-do list. This easy smoothie can be made ahead of time and combines breakfast with my favorite morning beverage all into one nutritious glass.
I'd say that is a win-win all the way around.
- protein powder
Make the BEST smoothies when you add ingredients in the right order!
Step 1: Add coffee and agave to blender.
Step 2: Add protein powder and yogurt.
Step 3: Add frozen banana and ice.
Step 4: Cover tightly and blend until smooth.
- Use a good blender. I know not everyone can splurge on a high-end blender, but it truly makes a difference.
- Make sure you start with your favorite coffee. The coffee flavor is strong, so don't use anything you wouldn't drink alone.
- Freeze bananas in individual bags and you will always have one on hand for smoothies. If you use a fresh banana, your smoothie won't be as creamy.
- Don't have agave? Swap in your favorite sweetener instead like honey or maple syrup.
- If you want an even stronger coffee flavor, use coffee flavored ice cubes too!
- Have a sweet tooth? Use chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla!
Absolutely! Simply make a batch of these smoothies and freeze in individual containers. To thaw, place the smoothie in the fridge the night before and your smoothie is ready to go in the morning. Breakfast doesn't get much easier!
That is one of the best parts about it. I have a new coffee maker that I love, the Technivorm Moccamaster, so I don't always have leftovers. But when I do, I pop it in the fridge (or freezer) and make a batch of these smoothies.
Yes, you can use whatever kind of yogurt you have on hand, but it will change the amount of protein in a serving.
More Smoothie Recipes
Green smoothies can be amazing! This Spinach Protein Smoothie is proof positive.
Who doesn't love a Banana Bread Smoothie?
This Oatmeal Smoothie packs fiber and protein in one tasty glass!
Easy Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- ¾ cup coffee cooled
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more ice if thicker consistency is desired.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Why choose when you can have the best of both worlds? This Easy Coffee Smoothie Recipe is packed with protein and is a great way to jumpstart your day!
Carol Foster says
I am on a serious protein diet to lose weight. I know coffee raises your metabolism. I love SMOOTHIES so I can not wait to make a coffee smoothie. Thank you for sharing!
If you don't have agave on hand what can be usd as a substitute?
You can easily replace the agave with honey or maple syrup!
Kimberly Holstein says
This is a fantastic smoothie! To cut time on cooling I make the coffee and freeze them into cubes then store them in baggies until needed. Cocoa powder is also a wonderful addition