Calling all buffalo sauce lovers! This Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a classic party food that is always the first thing gone at a party. It's easy to make, has a short ingredient list and is ready to serve in 30 minutes. Satisfy your wing craving without the mess!
Everyone loves a good dip recipe. And if there is a party food that is guaranteed to disappear, it's this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Quick to make, packed with flavor and easily doubles for a large group.
Why this recipe works
✘ This dip lets you savor all of the flavor of your favorite buffalo wings without the mess.
✘ Make it ahead of time and bake it in the oven or warm it up in the slow cooker.
✘ Fast & easy! You only need a handful of ingredients to make this irresistible dip.
✘ Crowd favorite! This dip is SO good, your friends will be begging for the recipe.
- Ranch dressing: Want a stronger flavor? Swap the ranch out for Blue Cheese dressing.
- Monterey Jack Cheese: Freshly shredded cheese melts better than the packaged shredded cheese. The pre-packaged shreds contain anti-caking agents so they don't stick together but also keeps them from melting smoothly.
- Cream Cheese: Use light or full fat room temperature cream cheese.
Place the cream cheese, dressing and hot sauce in a medium bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
Add cubed cooked chicken and cheese. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to baking dish and bake until bubbly.
Room temperature cream cheese is the KEY to a smooth and creamy dip. Not only is it easier to stir together, but you won't have any lumps.
Yes! Simply mix all of the ingredients together and put the mixture in a small crock pot and heat on low for 2 hours or until bubbly.
My favorite short cut is to buy a rotisserie chicken from the deli and dice the chicken. Freeze it in 2 cup portions to have it on the ready to make this buffalo chicken dip.
Expert Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
✘ Room temperature cream cheese is essential for a creamy dip.
✘ Use rotisserie chicken for an easy short cut.
✘ Freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese melts better than prepackaged shreds.
✘ Prep it ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it for the perfect make-ahead party snack.
More Dip Recipes
You can never have too many easy dips in your recipe collection.
Check out all of our appetizer recipes.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 blocks cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Buffalo Sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, dressing and hot sauce until smooth. Stir in chicken and cheese and spread in a pie plate.2 blocks cream cheese, 1 cup ranch dressing, ¾ cup Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce or Buffalo Sauce, 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks and carrots.
- Blue Cheese dressing can be used in place of ranch for a stronger flavor.
- Room temperature cream cheese is KEY for a smooth and creamy dip.
- Use rotisserie chicken as an easy shortcut.
- Stir gently after you add the chicken so it doesn't break apart.
- Serve with tortilla chips, celery and carrots.
- Mozzarella cheese can be used in place of Monterey Jack if desired.
- For a milder dip, cut back to ½ cup hot sauce.
Crock Pot instructions:After step 2, put all ingredients in a crock pot. Heat on low for 2 hours or until bubbly.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.