There is a reason this Chipped Beef Dip recipe has been around for years. Classic appetizer recipes never go out of style!
You know those foods that your family has been making for years, the ones that bring back lots of good memories?
This Chipped Beef Dip recipe is one of those appetizers in our house.
My husband grew up with it, and it has turned into one of my go-to dips when entertaining. And why wouldn’t it? It’s easy to make, great hot or cold, and gives me a reason to eat Fritos.
Because who isn’t looking for a reason to eat Fritos?
I originally got this recipe for Chipped Beef Dip from my mother-in-law but have since tweaked it a little. Don’t worry, this dip is still really close to the original, but this “beefed up” version is my favorite.
Tips for making Chipped Beef Dip:
This Chipped Beef Dip recipe only has 6 ingredients and comes together in minutes. The original recipe calls for chopped green pepper but I omitted that and swapped the chopped onion for green onion. This way the dip still has a pretty green color sprinkled throughout, but now the garlic flavor really shines through. But don’t worry if you love green pepper. Feel free to throw it in. This dip will still taste amazing!
Dips that are easy to make your own are my favorite – especially when they involve Fritos. And the way this one disappears every time I make it shows me I’m not alone!
Chipped Beef Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Buddig beef, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Add beef and onions and mix until combined. Place in pie plate and bake for 20-30 minutes or until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with Fritos.