There is a reason this Chipped Beef Dip recipe has been around for years. Classic appetizer recipes never go out of style!
You know those foods that take you right back to your childhood? This Chipped Beef Dip recipe is one of those appetizers in our house.
This recipe has been in the family for so many years and has turned into one of my go-to dips when anyone comes over.
And how can you go wrong? It's easy to make, is great hot or cold and gives me a reason to eat Fritos. Enough said.
And have you ever met someone who didn't like a good dip? They are such an easy appetizer to serve to a group. And when you have a recipe that is this easy and delicious at the same time, why not make it all of the time?
? This blog post is also available as a Web Story. ⭐️
There are only 6 ingredients in this easy recipe! I love a good dip that doesn't have hard to find ingredients.
- Use room temperature cream cheese and sour cream to get a really smooth, creamy dip.
I originally got this recipe for Chipped Beef Dip from my mother-in-law but have since tweaked it a little. Don't worry, this dip is still really close to the original, but this "beefed up" version is my favorite.
Step 1: Place cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl and mix until smooth.
Step 2: Add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
Step 3: Add the diced beef and onions and mix until combined.
Step 4: Place the mixture in a pie plate and bake until the dip is hot and bubbly.
Chipped beef is a form of pressed, salted and dried beef that has been sliced into thin pieces. While the meat is dried, it's not nearly as dry as beef jerky and has a much lower fat content than beef jerky.
You can find chipped beef sold in small jars, cans or pouches. They will typically be sold in the refrigerated deli section with other prepackaged deli meats.
We love to eat this dip with corn chips, but pretzels, crackers and potato chips are all great options!
- Love green pepper? Add in ¼ of a cup diced green pepper when you add the onions and beef.
- You can easily make this dip ahead of time. Simply pull it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking or add a little extra time in the oven for the dip to heat through.
- This dip tastes great at any temperature: hot, cold or room temperature. However you serve it, it's delicious!
Our Favorite Dip Recipes
- Can you ever go wrong with a really good Beer Cheese Dip? Didn't think so.
- Ninfa's Green Sauce is always a family favorite!
- Football isn't football without a good Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip to snack on!
- Add a healthy twist and serve this easy Layered Greek Dip!
Check out all of our easy appetizer recipes!
Chipped Beef Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Buddig beef diced
- 4 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Add beef and onions and mix until combined.
- Place in pie plate and bake for 20-30 minutes or until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with Fritos or other corn chips.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
There's a reason this Chipped Beef Dip Recipe always disappears! Classic recipes never go out of style. This recipe has been a family favorite for years!