Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is an easy and impressive last minute addition to your holiday table.
You know those appetizers that look fancy but are really so easy that you kinda hope no one asks for the recipe because then your secret it out in the open? Well, these Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are just that and they are one of my favorites.
You only need three ingredients and about 30 minutes from start to finish. After that, you can have your friends and family on their way to bacon heaven. Now, our love of appetizers is no secret. We have shared quite a collection over the years, but this one is perfect for the holidays. Time is tight, lists are long and parties are a plenty. Then you find out you need to bring an appetizer to a party. This Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is your answer.
The key to getting the bacon crispy without over cooking the shrimp is to partially bake your bacon before you wrap the shrimp. It works like a charm, and you can be sure to have tender juicy shrimp every single time. (There’s not much worse than dry, rubbery shrimp…unless you waste bacon on it.)
So don’t worry about the long lists. Just make a quick stop by the store to grab the THREE ingredients for this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, and you can be sure to end 2014 on a high note. Happy Holidays!
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined, but tails on)
- 1 pound bacon, (regular thickness)
- barbecue seasoning
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise and place on rack so pieces are not touching. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While bacon is in the oven, sprinkle barbecue seasoning on shrimp. (I used about 2 tablespoons.)
- Remove bacon from oven and wrap the bacon around the shrimp, spiraling as you go up and ending right below tail.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is cooked.
- Remove shrimp from rack, place on tray and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 2329mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 48g
More Quick and Easy Appetizers: