Looking for an easy last minute appetizer? Bacon Wrapped Shrimp comes together quickly and is an impressive addition to your appetizer spread.
You know those appetizers that look fancy but are really so easy that you kinda hope no one asks for the recipe because then your secret it out in the open?
Well, these Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are just that and they are one of my favorites.
Now, our love of appetizers is no secret. We have shared quite a collection over the years, but this one is perfect for a last minute addition to any party spread.
Just make a quick stop by the store to grab the ingredients for this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, and you can be sure everyone will be begging for the recipe.
You only need a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes from start to finish. After that, you can have your friends and family on their way to bacon heaven.
The key to getting the bacon crispy without over cooking the shrimp is to partially bake your bacon before you wrap the shrimp. It works like a charm, and you can be sure to have tender juicy shrimp every single time.
Step 1: Toss the seasonings with the shrimp and set aside.
Step 2: Place the bacon on a jelly roll pan and parbake.
Step 3: Wrap bacon around shrimp and bake.
Step 4: Brush with BBQ sauce and serve!
Simple bake the bacon in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Bacon takes longer to cook than shrimp does. If you don't precook it, the bacon will not be crisp.
If you didn't pick up any barbecue seasoning at the store, don't fret it is easy to make at home. Simply mix a teaspoon each of salt, pepper, smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon chili powder.
Bake the shrimp on a rack in the pan to ensure that the grease from bacon goes below. Line the pan with foil for easy clean up!
More Bacon Wrapped Recipes
Bacon makes everything better! Check out our other favorite bacon appetizers.
- Bacon Cream Cheese Bites these super popular appetizers rarely make it to the table before they disappear.
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts the maple glaze give these tasty morsels the perfect salty and sweet combination.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites smoky and sweet these chicken bites are a perfect game day food.
- Corn and Bacon Guacamole just when you think guac couldn't get any better, we added bacon.
- These Apple Bacon Jalapeno Poppers are the a tasty trifecta of salty, spicy and sweet
- Candied Bacon this flavor combination is crazy good, eat it plain or give your BLT a serious upgrade.
- You only need 3 ingredients for these easy Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts.
- Check out all of our easy appetizers.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined, but tails on
- 1 pound bacon (regular thickness)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise and place on rack so pieces are not touching. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While bacon is in the oven, sprinkle barbecue seasoning on shrimp. (I used about 2 tablespoons.)
- Remove bacon from oven and wrap the bacon around the shrimp, spiraling as you go up and ending right below tail.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is cooked.
- Remove from oven and brush shrimp with bbq sauce
- Remove shrimp from rack, place on tray and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
These Bacon Wrapped Shrimp appetizers with barbecue socks are an impressive appetizer that come together quickly! No one needs to know how easy they are, you only need 4 ingredients and 30 minutes!