Don't let the pretty pink color fool you! This Classic Strawberry Daiquiri is made with strawberry-kiwi infused rum and has just the right amount of sweetness (not like those sticky sweet frozen strawberry drinks you see in restaurants). This twist on a classic daiquiri is simple to make. The hardest part is waiting for the rum to infuse!
Do you love fruity cocktails but aren't a fan of drinks that are too sweet? If you answered yes, this Classic Strawberry Daiquiri made with infused rum is the perfect cocktail for you.
Why you'll love this recipe
✔︎ It's made with infused rum giving you all of the fruity flavor without being super sweet.
✔︎ It's a gorgeous pink color that is a mood lifter any time of year!
✔︎ No blender is needed for this strawberry daiquiri. It's an upscale spin on a classic cocktail filled with fresh strawberry flavor!
Fresh fruit does the heavy lifting in this easy cocktail recipe.
Rum: White rum is best for this cocktail, so save the dark rum for a delicious Rum Sour.
Fruit: Fresh fruit is a must when you are infusing liquor. Ripe fruit will give a deeper flavor, so look for strawberries that smell fragrant.
Lime juice: As always with cocktails, fresh juice is a must. The bottled stuff contains preservatives that can impact flavor.
Simple Syrup: You can purchase simple syrup at the grocery store but it is also easy to make your own simple syrup at home!
The waiting is the hardest part of making this Strawberry Kiwi Daiquiri.
Fill a pint-sized mason jar with sliced strawberries and kiwi. Pour one cup of white rum over the top and push down the fruit to fully immerse it. Cover with an airtight lid and refrigerate for 24 -36 hours.
Remove the fruit from the rum and discard the fruit. You will have enough rum to make 2 drinks. Fill a shaker with ice and add infused rum, lime juice and simple syrup.
Shake vigorously to combine and strain into an ice filled low ball glass. Garnish with fresh fruit and serve.
The rum can be infused for anywhere from 24 hours to 4 days. The longer you leave it in, the more pronounced the flavor is. It tastes great after 24 hours but will get more concentrated the longer it sits.
Once the alcohol is infused, remove the fruit from the container and store it in its original bottle or a clean glass jar in the refrigerator. Infused rum will last for 3 months when stored properly in the fridge.
Add 3 cups of sliced fruit to a large jar and add the contents of the bottle of rum. Let the rum sit in the refrigerator for 36-72 hours and then strain it into the original bottle for easy storage.
✘ This drink is strong, serving it over ice does double duty. It keeps your drink chilled as you sip on it and dilutes it ever so slightly as the ice melts.
✘ Use ripe fruit for the best flavor. Ripe strawberries and kiwi will give you the smoothest flavor, underripe fruit can be bitter.
✘ Since the infused rum will keep for up to 3 months in the refrigerator, infuse a whole bottle to have fresh strawberry daiquiris at the drop of a hat.
Substitutions and Shortcuts
▶︎ Not a fan of kiwi? Use your favorite fruits. Any berry will work well in this infused rum.
▶︎ Don't have time to infuse the rum? Make a strawberry simple syrup instead. The flavor won't be as intense, but it will still be delicious!
▶︎ Rum not your jam? Vodka and gin are also great liquors to infuse and make tasty cocktails.
More Great Recipes
Pretty in pink drinks always win! Here are some of our other favorite strawberry cocktails. Love rum? Check out all of our Rum Cocktails!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Classic Strawberry Daiquiri with Infused Rum
Strawberry-Kiwi Infused rum:
- 1 cup white rum
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup peeled and sliced kiwi
- 6 ounces Strawberry-Kiwi infused rum see recipe above
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- Kiwi slices for garnish optional
To make the Strawberry-Kiwi infused Rum:
- Place sliced fruit in a glass container, add rum and cover. Refrigerate for 324-48 hours. Strain fruit and store infused rum in refrigerator until ready to use.1 cup white rum, ½ cup sliced strawberries, ½ cup peeled and sliced kiwi
- Remove the fruit from the rum and discard. Refrigerate the rum until ready to use.
To make the Strawberry-Kiwi Daiquiri:
- Add rum, lime juice and simple syrup to an ice dilled shaker.6 ounces Strawberry-Kiwi infused rum, 2 ounces fresh lime juice, 2 ounces simple syrup
- Shake to combine and strain into 2 ice filled glasses. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with kiwi slice if desired.Kiwi slices for garnish
- The rum can be infused for anywhere from 24 hours to 4 days. The longer you leave it in, the more pronounced the flavor is. It tastes great after 24 hours but will get a little more concentrated the longer it sits.
- Once the alcohol is infused, remove the fruit from the container and store it in its original bottle or a clean glass jar in the refrigerator. Infused rum will last for 3 months when stored properly in the fridge.
- To infuse a whole bottle: Add 3 cups of sliced fruit to a large jar and add the contents of the bottle of rum. Let the rum sit in the refrigerator for 36-72 hours and then strain it into the original bottle for easy storage.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.