This decadent Chocolate Martini is one of our favorite after-dinner drinks. Rich and creamy, this cocktail is the best "adult" chocolate milk you will ever have! You only need 5 ingredients, a shaker, and 5 minutes to make this fabulous Godiva Chocolate Martini — everyone is sure to ask for the recipe.
Godiva Chocolate Martini
This one is for all of the chocolate lovers out there, especially those who prefer to drink their dessert instead of eating it!
This Godiva Chocolate Martini — made with Godiva liqueur, vanilla vodka, and chocolate liqueur — is an easy, make-ahead dessert cocktail that everyone will love! One sip and people will be begging for the recipe. Promise.
After all, there is nothing that says special occasions like chocolate.
Why you'll love this recipe
▶︎ It's smooth. So smooth, it almost tastes like chocolate milk with a little kick.
▶︎ It's easy. This Chocolate Martini recipe only uses 5 ingredients that are easy to keep on hand.
▶︎ It's full of chocolate. You won't find any Irish Cream here — only Godiva chocolate liqueur, Creme de Cacao, and vodka.
▶︎ It's easy to make a bunch at once. After all, who likes to drink alone? These cocktails pretty much have party written all over them. We have several different shakers that we love, but this one is large enough to make martinis for 6 people.
▶︎ Garnishes, like the chocolate swirl on the glass or the chocolate curls on top, make it look fancy but are easy to do!
This recipe is also available as a Web Story.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Vanilla vodka: The secret ingredient for this simple chocolate martini recipe. There isn’t a large quantity of it but just enough to make a difference in the smoothness of this drink.
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur: A must for this drink. It comes in white, dark, and milk chocolate. We love to use the original milk chocolate variation for our chocolate martini.
Dark or light Créme de Cacao. You can feel free to use either. The tastes of dark and light créme de cocoa are the same, but the color of your drink with be a little darker if you use the dark-colored liqueur.
Combine the chocolate liqueur and Creme de Cacao: Add the Godiva chocolate liqueur and Creme de Cacao to a shaker filled with ice.
Incorporate the other ingredients: Add the vanilla vodka and milk.
Shake it: Shake contents for 30 seconds. You want your drink cold! Then, swirl the inside of the martini glass with chocolate syrup.
Serve: Pour the contents of the shaker into a chocolate-swirled glass. Cheers!
Vanilla vodka is a key component of this chocolate martini recipe. The smoothness that it adds is a game-changer. It doesn't call for a large amount, so you can pick up a small bottle and still have an ample supply leftover for other drinks.
The sky is the limit on how to finish these tasty chocolate drinks. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Swirl the glass with chocolate sauce: Cold chocolate sauce works best.
2. Rim the glass with cocoa sugar: Easy to prep ahead of time.
3. Looking for a no-fuss garnish? Float a few chocolate curls on top.
Try one or a few to make this the best Chocolate Martini recipe you've ever tasted!
Combine ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder and 4 tablespoons of coarse sugar in a small bowl, then stir to combine.
To rim the glass:
- Spread the cocoa sugar on a small plate and dip the rim of the glass in a shallow pool of simple syrup.
- Allow excess to drip off, then dip into cocoa sugar.
- Set aside until ready to use for your chocolate martini recipe.
Expert Tips for the Best Chocolate Martini Recipe
✘ Start with quality ingredients. We love Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Absolut Vanilla.
✘ We typically use 2% milk in these drinks, but if you want to save a few calories, use 1% milk or skim. Your drink won't be as thick, but will still taste good. Looking to splurge? Swap out the milk for half and half for a rich and creamy indulgence.
✘ Make sure to shake your drinks for a full 30 seconds. COLD martinis are the best martinis.
More Dessert Cocktails
- We love the combination of mint and chocolate that you get in this Grasshopper Cocktail.
- Chocolate not your thing? This Easy Lemon Drop Martini is always a hit.
- Or, check out all of our Cocktail Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts!
Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
- 1 ½ ounces Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cocoa
- ½ ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 ½ ounces 2% milk
- 1 ounce Hershey's Syrup for glass
- Fill a martini shaker half full with ice and add the Godiva chocolate liqueur, Creme de Cocoa, vanilla vodka and milk. Shake vigorously.1 ½ ounces Godiva chocolate liqueur, 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cocoa, ½ ounce vanilla vodka, 2 ½ ounces 2% milk
- Swirl the inside of the martini glass with the Hershey's syrup and then strain the chocolate martini into the glass.1 ounce Hershey's Syrup for glass
- Serve immediately.
- Swirl the glass with chocolate sauce (cold chocolate sauce is best!)
- Float a few chocolate curls on top.
- Rim the glass with cocoa sugar. (directions follow)
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.