This decadent Chocolate Martini recipe is one of our favorite after-dinner drinks. Rich & creamy, this cocktail is the best "adult" chocolate milk you will ever have! You only need 5 ingredients, a shaker and 5 minutes to make this fabulous martini that is sure to have everyone asking for the recipe.
This one is for all of the chocolate lovers out there, especially those who prefer to drink their dessert instead of eating it!
This Chocolate Martini recipe, filled with chocolate, vanilla vodka and chocolate liqueur, is an easy, make-ahead dessert cocktail that everyone will love! One sip and people will be begging for the recipe. Promise.
After all, there is nothing that says special occasion like chocolate.
Why this recipe works
- This drink is so smooth, it almost tastes like chocolate milk with a little kick.
- It uses only 5 ingredients that are easy to keep on hand.
- You won't find any Irish Cream here, only chocolate liqueurs and vodka.
- It's easy to make a bunch at once! After all, who likes to drink alone? These cocktails pretty much have party written all over them. We have several different shakers that we love but this one is large enough to make martinis for 6 people.
- Garnishes make it look fancy but are easy to do!
This recipe is also available as a Web Story.
The ingredient list is short which makes it seem like a pretty straight forward recipe, but getting the proportions right took a little perfecting.
A Few Ingredient Notes:
- The secret ingredient is definitely the vanilla vodka. There isn’t a large quantity of it but just enough to make a difference. Do yourself a favor and grab a bottle the next time you're at the liquor store! You won’t regret it.
- You can use either dark or light Créme de Cacao. The tastes of dark and light créme de cocoa are the same, but the color of your drink with be a little darker if you use the dark-colored liqueur.
Add the chocolate liqueur and Creme de Cacao to shaker filled with ice.
Add vanilla vodka and milk.
Shake contents for 30 seconds. You want your drink cold! Then swirl the inside of martini glass with chocolate syrup.
Pour contents of shaker into chocolate swirled glass. Cheers!
The vanilla vodka is a key component of this cocktail. The smoothness that it adds is a game changer. It doesn't call for a large amount, so you can pick up a small bottle and still have ample supply.
The sky is the limit on how to finish these tasty chocolate drinks. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Swirl the glass with chocolate sauce (cold chocolate sauce works best).
2. Rim the glass with cocoa sugar (easy to prep ahead of time)
3. Looking for a no fuss garnish? Simply float a few chocolate curls on top.
Combine ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder and 4 tablespoons of coarse sugar in a small bowl and stir to combine.
To rim the glass: Spread the cocoa sugar on a small plate, dip rim of glass in a shallow pool of simple syrup. Allow excess to drip off and then dip into cocoa sugar. Set aside until ready to serve.
Expert Tips for the Best Dessert Martinis
✘ Start with quality ingredients. We love Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Absolut Vanilla.
✘ We typically use 2% milk in these drinks, but it you want to save a few calories, use 1% milk or skim. Your drink won't be as thick, but will still taste good. Looking to splurge? Swap out the milk for half and half for a rich and creamy indulgence.
✘ Make sure to shake your drinks for a full 30 seconds. COLD martinis are the best martinis.
More Dessert Cocktails
- We love the combination of mint and chocolate that you get in this Grasshopper Cocktail.
- Chocolate not your thing? This Easy Lemon Drop Martini is always a hit.
Check out all of our Cocktail Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Chocolate Martini Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces chocolate liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cocoa
- ½ ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 ½ ounces 2% milk
- 1 ounce Hershey's Syrup for glass
- Fill a martini shaker half full with ice and add the chocolate liqueur, Creme de Cocoa, vanilla vodka and milk. Shake vigorously.1 ½ ounces chocolate liqueur, 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cocoa, ½ ounce vanilla vodka, 2 ½ ounces 2% milk
- Swirl the inside of the martini glass with the Hershey's syrup and then strain the chocolate martini into the glass.1 ounce Hershey's Syrup for glass
- Serve immediately.
- Swirl the glass with chocolate sauce (cold chocolate sauce is best!)
- Float a few chocolate curls on top.
- Rim the glass with cocoa sugar. (directions follow)
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.