This decadent Chocolate Martini recipe is one of our favorite ways to celebrate special occasions. Rich & creamy, this drink is the best "adult" chocolate milk you've ever had!
There is nothing that says special occasion like chocolate.
So why not add even more special to the holidays and celebrate with an easy Chocolate Martini recipe?
Why this recipe works
This drink is so smooth, it almost tastes like chocolate milk with a little kick. The fact that is can be made ahead of time and only uses a handful of ingredients is an added bonus
This Chocolate Martini recipe is one of our first recipes on Garnish with Lemon and one of the most popular.
Are you intrigued?
This recipe is also available as a Web Story.
The ingredient list is short which makes it seem like a pretty straight forward recipe, but getting the proportions right took a little perfecting.
A Few Ingredient Notes:
- The secret ingredient is definitely the vanilla vodka. There isn’t a large quantity of it but just enough to make a difference.
Do yourself a favor and grab a bottle the next time you're at the liquor store! You won’t regret it.
- You can use either dark or light Créme de Cacao. The tastes of dark and light créme de cocoa are the same, but the color of your drink with be a little darker if you use the dark-colored liqueur.
Step 1: Add Chocolate liqueur to shaker filled with ice. (We love Godiva!)
Step 2: Add Creme de Cacao.
Step 3: Add vanilla vodka. Step 4: Add Milk.
Step 5: Shake contents for 30 seconds. You want your drink cold!
Step 6: Swirl inside of martini glass with chocolate syrup.
Step 7: Pour contents of shaker into chocolate swirled glass. Cheers!
It's easy to make a bunch at once! After all, who likes to drink alone? These cocktails pretty much have party written all over them. We have several different shakers that we love but this one is large enough to make martinis for 5 people.
The sky is the limit on how to finish these tasty chocolate drinks.
1. Float a few chocolate curls on top,
2. Rim the glass with cocoa sugar
3. Swirl the glass with chocolate
Combine cocoa and coarse sugar on a small plate. Dip rim of glass in a shallow pool of simple syrup. Allow excess to drip off and then dip into cocoa sugar.
Want to save this Chocolate Martini recipe for later? Pin it to your favorite board!
More Dessert Cocktails
- We took a classic and made it even better with a Kahlua Chocolate Martini.
- We love the combination of mint and chocolate that you get in this Grasshopper Cocktail.
- Who can ever turn down a Classic White Russian?
- This Cherry Chocolate Martini tastes just like a chocolate covered cherry!
- Chocolate not your thing? This Easy Lemon Drop Martini is always a hit.
Check out all of our Cocktail Recipes!
Chocolate Martini Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cocoa
- ½ ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 ½ ounces milk
- 1 ounce Hershey's Syrup for glass
- Fill a martini shaker half full with ice and add the Godiva Liqueur, Creme de Cocoa, vanilla vodka and milk. Shake vigorously.
- Swirl the inside of the martini glass with the Hershey's syrup and then strain the chocolate martini into the glass.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
This Chocolate Martini Recipe filled with chocolate, vanilla vodka and chocolate liqueur is an easy, make-ahead dessert cocktail that everyone will love!