Who else loves dessert martinis?
We took our ever-popular Chocolate Martini and gave it an update. This Cherry Chocolate Martini tastes exactly like a chocolate-covered cherry. Now if that doesn’t say dessert, we don’t know what does!
- Chocolate Liqueur
- Cherry Vodka
- Créme de Cacao
- Maraschino Cherries
The chocolate liqueur adds a lot of richness to this Chocolate Cherry Martini and can even be served by itself for a tasty after-dinner drink or mixed in a Kahlua Chocolate Martini, Chocolate Raspberry Martini or an Espresso Martini.
Dessert doesn't get much easier than this drink!
Step 1: Fill a martini shaker half full with ice and add the chocolate liqueur, Créme de Cacao, Cherry Vodka and Milk.
Step 2: Shake vigorously to combine.
Step 3: Strain Contents into a martini glass.
Step 4: Garnish with cherries and serve!
With this cocktail, you can use either one!
The main difference between light and dark créme de cacao is the color.
Yes, you do.Even though it is a small amount, the cherry vodka gives this drink its cherry flavor and adds a lot of depth to the chocolate flavor.
If you aren’t a cherry fan, use raspberry vodka instead. It’s easy to swap the flavors!
Luxardo Cherries are candied cherries that are soaked in a thick Luxardo marasca cherry syrup. The dark red color is natural and they are a stunning addition to any cocktail. If you’re looking for a way to instantly elevate a cocktail, the Luxardo Cherry is your answer.
If you don’t want to splurge on Luxardos, you can try a brand like Bada Bing. Equally delicious but less expensive.
Now that you have a jar of premium cherries in your home bar, use them in your favorite whiskey cocktails. We love to add them to a Manhattan Cocktail.
The sky is the limit on how to finish these tasty chocolate drinks. Here are three different ways to garnish:
- Thread maraschino cherries on a skewer and place in the glass.
- Float a few chocolate curls on top,
- Add a chocolate swirl to the glass!
Really, there is no wrong choice here. They all result in getting to sip on a decadent drink...how can you go wrong?
Favorite After Dinner Drinks
- This decadent Mint Chocolate Irish Cream Cocktail is the perfect way to take a break from the hustle and bustle.
- You can never go wrong with a Classic White Russian.
- This Key Lime Pie Martini tastes just like pie in a glass!
Check out all of our Vodka Drinks.
Cherry Chocolate Martini
- 1 ½ ounces Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Créme de Cacao
- ½ ounce Cherry Vodka
- 2 ½ ounces milk
- Cherries for garnish
- Fill a martini shaker half full with ice and add the chocolate liqueur, Créme de Caco, Cherry Vodka and Milk.
- Shake vigorously to combine
- Strain the contents into a martini glass
- Garnish with cherries and serve.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Love dessert martinis? This Cherry Chocolate Martini, an updated version of our popular Chocolate Martini tastes just like a chocolate-covered cherry!