If you are a gin lover, this drink is for you. This Aperol Cocktail is a refreshing sipper filled with gin, cucumber and lime that needs to be added to your next happy hour!
The cocktail list is always the first thing I look at in a restaurant. We hit the jackpot with this Gin & Aperol Cocktail that we had at Create Caters.
Finding a new cocktail that is so good that we want to replicate at home is always a win.
This Aperol Cocktail with gin, cucumber and lime is full of fresh flavors that blend perfectly together.
So if you are looking for a new gin cocktail, look no further. This one is a winner and oh, so pretty to boot!
Want to save this recipe for later? PIN IT here!
As with most of our cocktails, the ingredient list is short. When you have a recipe with so few things in it be sure you use the highest quality you can!
- cucumber slices
- fresh limes
- club soda
Aperol is an Italian aperitif that is very similar in taste to Campari but with half the alcohol.
It has a bitter flavor, so it's not something most people drink straight up or on the rocks. But the low alcohol content of Aperol makes it the perfect mixer for cocktails.
We always recommend using your favorite spirit in any drink recipe. This particular cocktail pairs really well with Hendrick's Gin, but believe me, I've made it with Tanqueray and Bombay gins, as well!
Absolutely! These Aperol Gin cocktails are the perfect addition to your spring party menu. Prep them ahead of time, muddle the cucumber and serve as a batch cocktail. Just wait to add the club soda before serving so they stay bubbly.
- A Muddler. A muddler can be used to crush herbs to release their oils as well as squeeze juice from fruit to extract the maximum flavor possible. And this isn't the only drink you can use it for, it's impossible to make a good mojito without one. Trust us.
- Cocktail Shaker: All shakers are not created equal, and we love this OXO Cocktail Shaker. It’s easy to use and keeps cocktails cold. Plus with the button dispenser, you don’t need to worry about leaks and spills. Anything that keeps clean up to a minimum is a win in our book
- A hand held juicer: Fresh lime juice takes ordinary cocktails and transform them into amazing cocktails. A Hand Held Juicer does the heavy lifting for you and guarantees to keep your cocktails free from seeds. A great tool for a well-stocked home bar.
Even though there are a few steps involved in this cocktail, it is definitely worth the time involved.
- Muddle the cucumber slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice. Pour in Aperol, gin, simple syrup and lime juice.
- Close shaker and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into low ball glasses filled with ice. Top with club soda and serve.
More Aperol Cocktails
Now that you have invested in that bright orange bottle of liquor, don't worry we have many options for you to use it up!
Calling all tequila fans! These Grapefruit Aperol Cocktails are crazy delicious.
Bourbon more your style? Mix up a batch of these gorgeous Bourbon Aperol Cocktails and find out why they are one of our most popular cocktails!
Looking for something a little more traditional? A Classic Aperol Spritz is always a winning way to go.
You can find all of our gin drinks in our archives.
- 2 slices cumcumber
- 6 ounces Hendrick's Gin
- 2 ounces Aperol
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- splash of club soda
- lime for garnish
- Muddle the cucumber in the bottom of a shaker.
- Add Aperol, gin, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Strain into 2 low ball glasses filled with ice.
- Top each glass with a splash of club soda, garnish with a lime slice and serve.
This recipe is adapted from Philip Dorwart at Create Catering in Minneapolis.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:6 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
Looking for a new cocktail? Your search is over with this refreshing Aperol Cocktail with gin, cucumber and lime!