Looking for a substantial salad for a group that you can make ahead of time and is easy to customize? Your search is over with with this Antipasto Salad that is packed with meat and veggies and tossed in a red wine vinaigrette!
Looking for a salad that can easily feed a crowd, be prepped ahead of time and tastes amazing? I have the perfect salad for you! This Antipasto Salad recipe is packed with meat, veggies, lettuce and tossed in a tasty red wine vinaigrette.
Is your mouth watering yet?
Substantial salads like this are always a win in my book. Especially one that can do double duty as an appetizer, salad or light meal on its own.
If that hasn't convinced you to put it at the top of your must-make list, I'm not sure what will.
Feel free to play around with the ingredient list and omit or substitute as desired.
- Roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped and drained
- Pitted Kalamata olives
- Canned, chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- Sliced red onion
- Genoa salami
- Provolone cheese
- Grape tomatoes
- Romaine leaves
Step 1: Make sure that the roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and Kalamata olives are well-drained and place them in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the red onion, meats, cheese, chopped romaine, and tomatoes, Stir gently to combine.
Step 3: Add Red Wine Vinaigrette and coat the antipasto salad. If needed, add more dressing to get to desired taste.
The term antipasto is an Italian phrase meaning "before the meal" this means it's usually used to describe whatever appetizers are enjoyed during the first course, before the main dish
We love it tossed in a homemade red wine vinaigrette, the tangy flavor is perfect with the salty meats. But feel free to grab you favorite bottled vinaigrette and use that instead. You will still get great results!
Absolutely! Drain all of your ingredients well before you chop them and refrigerate until it's time to assemble. For best results don't add romaine lettuce or vinaigrette until right before serving.
How to Store
- Serve cold: This is a dish best served cold, not room temperature, or warm, so once you're done making the salad, stick it in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill all the ingredients, for best results.
- Always keep it in the refrigerator: If you plan to keep leftovers, to safely eat again, don't leave this sitting on the counter too long. You'll want to make sure everything is put away and refrigerated.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container: Don't just shove the serving platter in the refrigerator and call it a day. Everything will get dried out, and will significantly reduce the shelf life of this antipasto recipe. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Looking for more great side dishes?
- This Tomato Feta Pasta salad is packed with olives, salty feta and tomatoes in every bite!
- These Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Onions are always a hit!
- This simple Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette is one of our go-to salads!
- This Pasta Salad is a picnic favorite!
- Want an appetizer instead? These Antipasto Skewers have the same flavor in stick form!
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned, chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup Genoa salami, cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cup diced Provolone cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 pepperoncini chopped
- 2 cups chopped Romaine leaves
To make the vinaigrette:
- Place the vinegar, oregano, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir together.
- Gradually add the olive oil and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Set aside until needed. (You will have extra.)
To make the Antipasto Salad:
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Drizzle with a small amount of red wine vinaigrette dressing and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 1038mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
This simple to assemble Antipasto Salad with Homemade red wine vinaigrette is a substantial salad that makes a great side dish or appetizer for any gathering.