Sweeten up your summer gatherings with this easy Watermelon Gin Punch! Made with fresh watermelon juice, tangy lemon juice, fragrant mint, and your favorite gin, this punch is ready in less than 20 minutes. No need to play bartender with this batch cocktail. It's the perfect, refreshing summer sipper.
Raise your hand if you are tired of drinking wine or beer at a party.🙋♀️
I love a good glass of chilled rosé or chardonnay like anyone else, but fun summer cocktails are a great way to jazz up an evening and this Watermelon Gin Punch is the just what happy hour ordered.
Your friends and family will be smitten with this punch. It's gorgeous, tasty, and screams all things summer.
Why you will love this cocktail
✘ It's make-ahead. Anything that can be done ahead of time is a win in my book. Prep this the day before and refrigerate until party time.
✘ It's unique. A specialty drink instantly elevates any party. It's a great way to personalize a gathering and encourage your friends to try new cocktails.
✘ It's self-serve. Set the filled pitcher out with a bucket of ice and some club soda and let guests serve themselves. You can enjoy your guests instead of playing bartender.
Watermelon juice is nothing more than fresh chunks of watermelon processed in the blender until completely pureed. Straining the pulp is completely optional but does result in a smoother drink.
Fresh lemon juice is always best for cocktails. Bottled juice contains preservatives that alter the flavor.
Fresh mint is a must. Luckily, mint grows prolifically (or invasively, depending on how you see it), so plant it in its own pot if you can or it might take over other plants. Large, just-picked bundles are always available at the store or farmer’s market during summer, too.
Simple syrup can be purchased at any grocery store, you will find it by the other cocktail mixers. It's super easy (and less expensive) to make your own simple syrup at home.
This Watermelon Gin Cocktail is easy to make ahead of time.
Add cubed watermelon to the jar of a blender and process until smooth. Strain the juice through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the solids.
Add fresh mint leaves to a large pitcher and gently muddle the leaves to release the oil.
Pour the watermelon juice, lemon juice, gin, and simple syrup over the muddled mint and stir.
Fill a low ball glass with ice and pour in gin punch. Top with club soda, stir and garnish with a mint leaf. Serve immediately.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
You don't need a fancy juicer to make delicious juice for your watermelon margaritas! A blender or food processor will work perfectly.
- Cut watermelon into 2-inch chunks until you have about 6 cups worth.
- Blend watermelon until smooth for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve and strain juice, using a spoon or a spatula to press pulp and extract as much juice as possible.
- Be sure to stir watermelon juice before serving as the juice will separate after sitting.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Tip: Have leftover watermelon? This Watermelon Feta Salad is one of our all-time FAVORITE summer recipes. A little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and with only 4 ingredients, this side dish always disappears!
Yes! We love the flavor that gin adds, but if gin isn't your thing, vodka is a great substitution.
It's easy to make this into a tasty mocktail. Simply replace the liquor with sparkling water or club soda and wait to add until right before serving to preserve the bubbles.
Straining the juice is completely optional but it does give the punch a smoother consistency. Whether you strain it or not, be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Expert tips for the best watermelon punch
✔️ Muddle gently. When mint is muddled too much, it turns bitter. Use light pressure to release the oils from the fresh mint leaves.
✔️ Serve with lots of ice. COLD drinks are the best drinks and this Watermelon Gin Cocktail is no exception.
✔️ Use fresh ingredients. Fresh juices make the best cocktails. End of story.
✔️ Strain the watermelon juice. It's an extra step and takes a few minutes, but the end result of a smooth cocktail is worth it.
✔️ Always give the punch a good stir before serving. Watermelon juice naturally separates as it sits.
✔️ Wait to add the club soda until right before serving to keep the bubbles fresh.
More Batch Cocktails
Batch cocktails make entertaining a snap. Try some of our favorites.
Need more ideas? Check out all of our Batch Cocktail recipes.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
Watermelon Gin Punch
Fresh watermelon juice:
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 4 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½-¾ cup simple syrup
- 2 cups gin
- Club Soda
To make the watermelon juice:
- Place watermelon cubes in the jar of blender and process until smooth.8 cups cubed watermelon
- Strain watermelon puree through a fine mesh sieve, pushing pulp against sieve with a spatula or back of a large spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard pulp.
- Refrigerate if not using immediately. Makes approximately 4 cups of watermelon juice.
To make Punch:
- Add mint to a tall pitcher and muddle to release the oils.12 fresh mint leaves
- Pour in watermelon juice, simple syrup, lemon juice, and gin. Stir to mix.4 cups fresh watermelon juice, 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, ½-¾ cup simple syrup, 2 cups gin
- Fill a glass with ice, add punch, and top with club soda.Club Soda
- Stir to combine and garnish with a mint leaf.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.