Feeding a group? This make ahead Sausage and Pepper Jack Egg Bake uses croutons for even easier prep!
Now it’s no secret that brunch is a favorite meal around this house, and this Sausage and Pepper Jack Egg Bake is my go-to breakfast for guests. Basically, if you have ever been an overnight guest in my house or eaten brunch here, you have been served this egg bake. That’s how much of a go-to it is. It’s that good AND that easy. And did I mention it’s make ahead? Pretty awesome combo, huh?
Although I love a big breakfast, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen missing out on the fun with my guests. That’s when I turn to this Sausage and Pepper Jack Egg Bake. There’s nothing better than sausage, cheese and eggs all baked in a fluff of deliciousness, especially with the zip of the pepper jack cheese and Dijon mustard. But this egg bake is near and dear to my heart for another reason: the base is seasoned croutons. How easy is that? Add some mimosas and fresh fruit, and brunch is served.
Now you have a new brunch go-to, too.
Are you following us on Pinterest?
- 1 (12-ounce) package Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles (or 12 ounces mild Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled)
- 1 (5.5-ounce) package seasoned croutons
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- salt and pepper
- Pico de Gallo for garnish
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place the croutons in a single layer in the dish. Layer with cheese and top with the sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, half-and-half, milk, mustard, onion, and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over the sausage in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo.