Make room on the grill for dessert, too! This easy Grilled Cherry Crisp – bursting with sweet cherries and a crunchy oatmeal topping – might just be the perfect summer dessert.
Using the grill to make desserts is too often overlooked. We grill appetizers, main dishes and even sides, but most people don’t usually grill dessert. This recipe for Grilled Cherry Crisp is the perfect foray into grilled desserts if you’ve never tried it before. Quick, easy and filled with sweet summer cherries, we know you’ll be hooked after just one bite. (Plus this recipe is made in a disposable foil pan to make clean up a snap!)
My favorite part of this Grilled Cherry Crisp recipe is the crunchy oatmeal topping. Make with Kerrygold Salted Butter, the topping bakes on the grill and the end result tastes almost like a crispy oatmeal cookie – yum! The juicy Bing cherries need little more than a touch of sugar and some lemon juice to keep their flavor fresh and bright.
Ladle warm scoops of this Grilled Cherry Crisp into bowls and top with cold vanilla ice cream for the perfect end to a warm summer evening with friends.
- 8 cups cherries, pitted
- ¼ - ½ cup granulated sugar (depending on sweetness of your cherries)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Kerrygold Salted Butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream for topping, optional
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grease an 8 x 8-inch disposable foil pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cherries, ¼ - ½ cup granulated sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch until evenly coated. Pour mixture into foil pan.
- Add oats, flour, brown sugar and ¼ cup granulated sugar to another bowl. Stir together. Pour vanilla extract and melted butter on top of oat mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over cherries. Cover and firmly seal with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Grill for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling around all the edges. Remove foil and grill for an additional 5-10 minutes or until topping is set. Remove crisp from grill and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
I can't recommend this cherry pitter enough! Makes pitting 8 cups of cherries a much faster chore than trying to do it by hand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278 Total Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 63g Protein: 5g
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Kerrygold. All opinions are our own. We only share products with you that we love and use all the time. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Garnish with Lemon possible.