Look no further! This Easy Pea and Cheese Salad is just what your summer picnic menu needs to be complete!
Pea Salad is kind of a funny name, right? I don’t think anything of it since I have been eating this Easy Pea and Cheese Salad forever; it’s one of my dad’s favorites. And if you are one of those unlucky ones who has never had pea salad?
That needs to change. Trust me. Because Summer is here and that means it's time for salads. And this easy salad is one of my summer go-to's.
I always make my Pea Salad with frozen peas, which makes it a super easy side dish and ensures the vibrant color of the salad. Salads don't get much easier to pull together than when it starts with a bag of frozen peas. Am I right?
Add a little chopped onion, hard-boiled egg, and some quality cheddar cheese, and you’re in business.
And don't forget the dressing. I updated my dressing to be half mayo and half greek yogurt. I love the added tang, and who can say no to the additional protein?
Can you make this ahead of time?
Absolutely you can. And to be honest, I like it even better when it has been sitting in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. It really allows the flavors to meld together. Just be sure to give it a good stir to get the dressing distributed evenly before serving.
So what are you waiting for? Bring on the summer BBQs and make sure that this Easy Pea and Cheese Salad is on the menu. You won't regret it.
Here are more of Our Favorite Summer Salads
- Tomato, Feta and Vidalia Onion Salad - Garnish with Lemon®
- Spinach Pasta Salad- Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Peas- Garnish with Lemon®
- BLT Pasta Salad with Avocado- Foodie Crush
- Tomato Feta Pasta Salad- Garnish with Lemon®
Easy Pea and Cheese Salad
- 12 ounce bag of frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 hard-boiled egg diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl place the peas, cheese, onions, and egg. Stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and yogurt and stir until thoroughly combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon dressing over pea mixture and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.