Who can say no to this bowl of cheesy goodness? This easy Beer Cheese Dip is one of my favorite winter recipes!
What goes better with soft pretzel bites than cheese? Especially a warm Beer Cheese Dip. The two go hand in hand, don’t they? Kind of like chips and dip; where you see one, you see the other. And there’s good reason for that - it is a fabulous combination! The warm, soft, salty pretzel dipped in the tangy, beer cheese dip with a hint of heat...music to my tastebuds.
This beer cheese dip took several tries to get it right. I had something specific in mind I wanted to create: a creamy cheese dip with a little zip . But I wanted a dip that didn’t get gloppy as it cooled and one that could be reheated. And I didn’t want to use Velveeta.
The key to meeting all these requirements? Cream cheese. Melt a little in at the end, and it keeps the creamy texture of the dip, even as it cools. It’s a family-friendly level of heat, but feel free to be as liberal with the jalapenos as you like. I served mine with roasted jalapenos on the side. A tasty combo, especially for those who like heat.
Can’t wait to try this inside one of those.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer, divided
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Mix flour, salt and pepper with grated cheeses in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 10 ounces of the beer until boiling. Add grated cheese by the handful and stir each one until fully melted before adding more cheese. Once all grated cheese is melted, stir in cream cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and jalapeño. Stir until combined and cheese is melted. If sauce is too thick, add the rest of the beer to get to desired consistency.
- Serve warm with pretzels or vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g