This Avocado Feta Salsa is one of the most requested recipes from my kitchen! Filled with tomatoes, feta and fresh avocado, it's guaranteed to disappear!
A good dip is like an old friend.
You know the kind I'm talking about...the one with the good "Remember when?" stories. The one who feels like you just saw yesterday, even though it has been 20 years. The one who brings a smile to your face just to hear her voice.
Well, this Avocado Feta Salsa is that dip for me. I tasted it for the first time at a friend's house, immediately asked for the recipe and since then it is a staple in my house. It is also one of the most requested recipes I have, and now I have shared it with you.
Some people call it guacamole, some call it salsa, others just call it dip. Whatever name you give it, Avocado Feta Salsa is tasty and certain to please a crowd, even one filled with kids. The avocados give it a bright, fresh flavor, the feta brings in just the right amount of salty goodness, and the juicy tomato balances out the two. Plus it pairs perfectly with tortilla chips.
Just like an old friend.
Dips are one of our favorite snacks! Check out these other keepers!
Asiago Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
Bacon Beer Cheese Dip- Foodie Crush
Lemon Artichoke Dip Recipe- Garnish with Lemon®
Shrimp Dip- A Farmgirl's Dabbles
Chipped Beef Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
Pepperoni Pizza Dip- Shugary Sweets
Cheesy Sausage Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
Green Olive Dip- Garnish with Lemon®
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley or 2 cubes Dorot frozen herbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Mix the tomato, avocado and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Add the herbs, olive oil and vinegar. Stir together gently so the avocado keeps it shape. Stir in the feta cheese. Serve with chips or crackers.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g