Looking to give your traditional guacamole an update? This Avocado Salsa is one of the most requested recipes from my kitchen. Filled with tomatoes, feta and fresh avocado, it's guaranteed to disappear! It's a good thing this recipe only takes 10 minutes to make because it gets devoured quickly! So go ahead and make a double batch, you will be glad you did.
Everyone loves a good dip. And this Some people call it guacamole, some call it salsa, others just call it dip. Whatever name you give it, Avocado Salsa with Feta Cheese is tasty and certain to please a crowd, even one filled with kids.
Why this recipe works
- This recipe is very forgiving. If you don't have fresh herbs, dried or frozen make a great substitution. Out of red wine vinegar? Swap in white wine vinegar instead.
- The avocados give it a bright, fresh flavor, the feta brings in just the right amount of salty goodness, and the juicy tomato balances out the two. Plus you get to eat it with chips, need I say more?
- This recipe only uses 1 avocado making it easier on your pocket book.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this easy dip!
Simply chop, dice, season & stir and your salsa is ready to serve.
I love to use Roma tomatoes for this salsa, but you can use whatever ripe tomato you have on hand. Just be sure to seed the tomatoes before adding them to the salsa otherwise you end up with a watery mess.
I make the entire recipe ahead of time with the exception of the avocado and store in the refrigerator. Dice the avocado right before serving and add.
Fresh herbs are best, but I have made this plenty of times with dried herbs instead. Just use a teaspoon each of dried parsley and oregano in place of the fresh.
Expert Tips for the Best Salsa
✘ Use an avocado that is a little firmer but still ripe. If it is too soft, the salsa will be mushy.
✘ Chunkier feta cheese holds up better in this dip than tiny crumbles.
✘ Give your red onion and herbs a really fine dice so each bite gets every flavor.
✘ Be sure to seed your tomatoes to avoid watery dip.
More Dip recipes
Looking for other snacks? Check out our other appetizer recipes!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled pitted and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Mix the tomato, avocado and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Add the herbs, olive oil and vinegar. Stir together gently so the avocado keeps it shape. Stir in the feta cheese. Serve with chips or crackers.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.