This Arugula, Corn and Goat Cheese Salad is simple, bright and full of great summer flavor! Fresh corn cut from the cob, juicy garden tomatoes and peppery arugula all combine with tangy goat cheese and an easy vinaigrette for a quick and easy salad that is packed with summer's best produce.
Summer sweet corn is the best, especially the first few times we make it. We start out purists, just eating grilled corn on the cob before we start mixing in some Mexican Grilled Corn. a Street Corn Salad or this Tomato, Mozzarella and Grilled Corn Salad.
But that was before I started making this Arugula, Corn and Goat Cheese Salad, which might just be my new favorite way to eat it.
This is the quintessential salad of summer packed with all of my favorites. It’s like the fresh sweet corn, juicy garden tomatoes, peppery arugula and goat cheese were made for each other.
Why this salad is so good
- It has an incredibly short ingredient list but is packed with flavor! The peppery arugula is a great match for the creamy goat cheese.
- This salad highlights the fresh produce of summer but can be made any time of year with some easy shortcuts.
- The dressing recipe is versatile and can be used on so many salads.
- Goat cheese: You can either use part of a goat cheese log and crumble it, or buy a container of goat cheese crumbles (found in the deli at your grocery store).
- Corn: If you can get fresh sweet corn, use it and grill it! Otherwise you can buy fire roasted frozen sweet corn in the freezer section at the grocery store. It tastes amazing!
- Vinegar: You can use white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar, both are fabulous!
This salad is so easy to make and a lot of it can be done ahead of time!
How to grill corn: Remove the husks and silks from corn, brush with olive oil and grill over medium heat. Turn frequently until evenly roasted. Slice cooled corn from cobs.
Tip: No time to roast corn on the grill? Try this “grilled” corn hack. Simply add defrosted corn to a skillet with a little bit of oil. Cook over medium heat until the corn kernels are roasted, stirring frequently. (If you cook the corn at too high of heat, they kernels will literally pop out of the pan!)
Make the dressing: Add the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil to small jar and shake to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad: Add the arugula, tomatoes, grilled corn, goat cheese and green onions to a large bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss to coat.
This salad makes fresh summer sweet corn shine! But I make this salad year round because it is one of my favorites so that means fresh corn isn't always in season. I either "roast" some frozen corn in a cast iron skillet with a little oil or use fire roasted frozen corn that has been thawed.
I love the peppery flavor of the arugula especially when it is combined with the creamy goat cheese, grilled corn and the light vinaigrette. But if you don't have any on hand or aren't a fan, you can easily use a spring mix instead.
Little grape or cherry tomatoes are the best to use in this salad. They are bursting with sweet flavor and add a great pop of color too.
Making a great lettuce salad is easy when follow these easy tips!
- Most salads can use many varieties of cheese, so choose your favorite! Goat cheese not your thing? Feta works great, too.
- Chop your ingredients in similar sizes so you can get a little bit of everything in each bite.
- Give the lettuce rough chop so it is easier to eat.
- Wait to dress the salad until right before you eat it for the freshest flavor!
- Add the dressing in small amounts. An overdressed salad wilts the lettuce.
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Your feedback helps us and your fellow readers!
More Fabulous Summer Salads
Arugula, Corn & Goat Cheese Salad
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 5 ears sweet corn, grilled husked and grilled
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 4 cups arugula chopped
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on corn and grill over medium high heat until roasted, turning frequently. Cool and cut from ears.
- In a large bowl add cooled corn, green onions, tomatoes, goat cheese and arugula.
- In a small jar, add the juice from half of a lemon, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 4 tablespoons olive oil. Shake to combine.
- Add small amount of dressing to salad and toss to coat, adding more dressing as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can either use part of a goat cheese log and crumble it, or buy a container of goat cheese crumbles (found in the deli at your grocery store).
- If you can get fresh sweet corn, use it and grill it! Otherwise you can buy fire roasted frozen sweet corn in the freezer section at the grocery store. It tastes amazing!
- Use white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar, both are fabulous!
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.