Looking for an easy appetizer that is full of protein? These Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps filled with crunchy peanuts and topped with fresh cilantro hit it out of the park.
You can never have too many protein filled appetizer recipes. These Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps are just what your appetizer menu needs. Rich, satisfying and full of peanut flavor, they will be the first snack to disappear from the table.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these flavor packed lettuce wraps.
These lettuce wraps come together in no time!
Step 1: Chop chicken and toss with peanut sauce and marinate.
Step 2: Cook chicken over medium high heat until cooked through.
Step 3: Add carrots and onions.
Step 4: Sprinkle cilantro and serve.
You only need to stir a handful of ingredients together, no stovetop required to make this rich sauce. Not only is it easy to make, but the sauce does double duty as a marinade too. It is the key to this Thai peanut appetizer.
The sky is the limit!
We love it as appetizers in these baby lettuce cups or as a main dish over cilantro rice. However you serve it, don’t forget the cilantro garnish and the extra peanut sauce for dipping. They are the icing on the cake. And after all, you can never have enough peanut goodness, At least not in my book.
Absolutely. That is what makes it perfect for a party! Make it earlier in the day and simply reheat before serving. Add it to the lettuce cups, garnish and watch it disappear. Your guests will love these easy to eat, protein-filled bites of goodness.
No one needs to know how easy they are. Your secret is safe with me!
The longer it soaks, the more flavor it gets. I love to marinate for a few hours to get optimum peanut taste.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro + extra for garnish
- 12 baby butter lettuce leaves
- 6 lime wedges
To make the Peanut Sauce:
- Stir all ingredients in a bowl. Use ⅓ cup of it for marinating and set the rest aside.
To make the chicken:
- 1. Place the cut chicken in a small bowl and ⅓ cup peanut sauce. Stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes-2 hours.
- 2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and add marinated chicken. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring to turn the chicken pieces.
- 3. Add carrots and green onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken iscooked through. Add peanuts and cilantro and remove from heat.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and serve immediately with extra peanut sauce, lime wedges and cilantro.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
Filled with peanut flavor and packed with protein, these Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps make a fabulous appetizer or easy weeknight meal.