These 5-ingredient Honey Mustard Yogurt Chicken Skewers have quickly become a family favorite!
This post first appeared on the Drink Milk site where we are contributors.
Summers are busy around here, especially at dinnertime. Thank goodness it is grilling season because I need to have healthy, quick dinner options that require minimal prep and clean-up at the ready.
My kids love grilled chicken, but there is nothing worse than a dry, flavorless piece of chicken. Rest assured, you don’t need to worry about that with these Honey Mustard Yogurt Chicken Skewers.
Made with just four ingredients (including protein-rich Greek yogurt), the Honey Mustard Yogurt sauce performs double-duty as a marinade and as a dipping sauce! Marinating chicken in yogurt makes it extra tender and flavorful, too.
Not only is the sauce versatile, the chicken is, too. It tastes great on its own, but it also makes a delicious protein option to add to a salad. And, with the way my kids simply devoured this chicken, you can bet it will be making a regular appearance at our house from now on!
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skewers for grilling (if using wooden ones, be sure to soak in water for 30 minutes before grilling)
- Make the marinade by combining Greek yogurt, mustards and honey in a small bowl. Mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Use 1/2 cup for marinade and reserve rest for dipping sauce.
- Place chicken strips in a re-sealable plastic bag and add 1/2 cup of marinade. Marinate for 4-24 hours. (I did about 10 and it made some crazy, juicy chicken.)
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Thread chicken strips onto skewers and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and rest for 3 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved Honey Mustard Yogurt Dipping Sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by American Dairy Association Mideast. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that make Garnish with Lemon possible.