The grill isn't just for dinner! We love to use it for appetizers, too! Never tried it? This easy Stuffed Mini Peppers recipe is the perfect place to sart!
Does anyone else love to use their grill as much as we do? We are currently crushing on these Grilled Italian Sausage Wraps, but frequently grill so much more than just the main dish.
In fact, one of our favorite appetizers to make on the grill are these Stuffed Mini Peppers. And if you've never tried to grill peppers, this recipe is the perfect place to start.
Why this recipe works
Recipes that are forgiving are always a great way to try something new. And these crunchy peppers filled with creamy goat cheese is a colorful flavor packed appetizer for any occasion.
Cue these make-ahead crunchy peppers with a little bit of char and filled with creamy goat cheese and chives that can be served warm or room temp.
What are you waiting for? Dig in!
The list is short and sweet and can easily be tailored to your personal preferences.
- mini sweet peppers
- cream cheese
- goat cheese
Not a fan of goat cheese? Feel free to use herb/garlic cream cheese instead.
Recipes that can be done ahead of time are always a win in my book. Use these easy tips to make the recipe even easier.
- You can mix the cheese filling ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to fill the peppers. Just be sure to pull it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before filling the peppers to let it come to room temperature.
- Grill your peppers ahead of time and serve the apps at room temperature
- Short on time? Swap out the goat cheese and add a little lemon juice to some Boursin cheese for an easy, flavor packed filling.
These grilling pans have to be one of our most used grilling accessories. They come in several different sizes and you can still get the great grill marks without losing your veggies in the fire.
How's that for a win-win?
Absolutely! Clean the peppers, make the filling and your appetizer is prepped before 9 am. Or you can even grill the peppers an hour before people arrive and serve them at room temperature. I love, love, love anything that can be done ahead of time
Good food is always better when shared.
More Grilling Recipes
We don't stop at the main dish when we are grilling. Check out our other favorite ways to use it!
- Keep the heat out of the kitchen and make this Grilled Cherry Crisp, you'll be glad you did.
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze are one of our favorite summer go-to desserts.
- This Grilled German Potato Salad tastes authentic and is SO easy to make.
- We love the flavor the grill brings to this Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho
Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 8 Mini Peppers seeded and sliced in half
- Olive oil or grapeseed oil for brushing peppers
Goat Cheese Filling:
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
To make the peppers::
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush skins of peppers with olive oil or grapeseed oil and set on platter.
- Grill peppers over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until skin is slightly blistered. Remove from grill.
To make the filling:
- Mix cheeses and herbs together until light and fluffy. Mix in lemon juice, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into grilled peppers and garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Nutrition info not guaranteed to be accurate.
The grill isn't just for dinner! These Stuffed Mini Peppers are perfect for summer entertaining!